TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Walker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simply put. The worst striker I have had the misfortune to watch.
Literally did nothing.
Drawing his money is theft.
Being fair in mitigation, who was giving him any service?
Hirst is a 4 goal a year striker , laughingly, at best.
And Danny says it's getting exciting!!!
What a bundle of laughs he is!
We left the best two and most creative players off the park in Jacobs and Curtis. Thanks for the memories, they are both off the min the season is over. And I don't blame them.
They could supply the ammunition for walker but so far he is literally shit!
You had to feel sorry for Walker last night. He must be wondering what he has joined, with no service, passes or crosses to feed off.  There was no evidence of an attempt to form a partnership with Hirst who also wandered around like a lost soul.
What gets me with Walker is that twice last night when he could have moved for the ball he instead went behind two of their defenders and made no move to get into a good position. Aimlessly running around like Marquis is one thing but hiding like a coward is another. Unforgiveable.
(01-02-2022, 11:13 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]What gets me with Walker is that twice last night when he could have moved for the ball he instead went behind two of their defenders and made no move to get into a good position.  Aimlessly running around like Marquis is one thing but hiding like a coward is another.  Unforgiveable.

Funny, I though his movmement was the best bit of his game last night, he gets into the positions that Marquis or Hirst don't get into, arriving later instead of too early (marquis' biggest fault) but never getting given the ball. 

I just get the feeling that if he ever gets a chance on goal he will take it. Certainly far more likely to do so than Hirst, and worth persevering with because he is the most natural finisher we have on the books based on his performances at previous clubs.
I can only presume that Walker has previously been a 6 yard box poacher … as he contributed even less than Harrison would have done last night

Poor service and link-up / understanding … and our first mishit shot on target on 65 mins or whatever didn’t exactly help him either
(01-02-2022, 11:37 AM)MiltonPFC Wrote: [ -> ]I can only presume that Walker has previously been a 6 yard box poacher … as he contributed even less than Harrison would have done last night

Poor service and link-up / understanding … and our first mishit  shot on target on 65 mins or whatever didn’t exactly help him either

You could have the best forward in the division and he wouldn’t score if you don’t get the ball in the box.

We don’t do that anywhere near enough imo.

Most goals are scored in the box, let’s start getting the ball in there ffs. It is, after all, the object of the exercise.
Which two from Hirst, Walker and O’Brien will get the nod at Oxford on Saturday - unless it’s back to one up top of course.

O’Brien a dead cert surely but who will be his partner ? Hirst has consistently failed to score so probably Walker will get the nod.

Interesting battle of the strikers
Oxford with 50 from 28 games v Pompey with 30 from 27
It’s hard to remember a worse forward line than Hirst and walker. Ok I’ve only seen Walker once but if that’s his effort on home debut it doesn’t bode well. I honestly cannot recall a single thing he did. Fingers crossed for a miracle Saturday.
Worse than Walker & Hirst?, easy , Marquis & Harrison
Cannot agree. Harrison is better than Hirst and Walker is not fit to lace Marquis’ boots as a goal scorer. We mistreated Marquis with no supply and no partner. Walker has a partner and has so far managed to contribute absolutely nothing... not even an effort to run around. That’s my opinion.
(01-02-2022, 01:22 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot agree. Harrison is better than Hirst and Walker is not fit to lace Marquis’ boots as a goal scorer. We mistreated Marquis with no supply and no partner. Walker has a partner and has so far managed to contribute absolutely nothing... not even an effort to run around. That’s my opinion.

Having watched Harrison many times, most recently last Tuesday, I can’t agree that he is better than Hirst.
(01-02-2022, 01:22 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot agree. Harrison is better than Hirst and Walker is not fit to lace Marquis’ boots as a goal scorer. We mistreated Marquis with no supply and no partner. Walker has a partner and has so far managed to contribute absolutely nothing... not even an effort to run around. That’s my opinion.

Forever, 

If you need persuading of Walker's potential have you seen the youtube compilation of his goals ...  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VZYfcpD...Highlights
With Marquis and Harrison now predictably scoring goals for fun (comparatively) since leaving I think it would be wise to lay off criticism of our strikers and focus your ire on our wingers, wing backs, attacking midfielders and above all our manager and the owners. These are the people to blame and the the buck stops with Cowley as far as I’m concerned. Time to shelve the wingbacks and go back to a simple 4-4-2
(01-02-2022, 02:55 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Forever, 

If you need persuading of Walker's potential have you seen the youtube compilation of his goals ...  

Thanks - happy to take a look. Very happy to be proved wrong !
That footage is unfair, he's playing with people who can cross, pick passes and get intothe box ffs
(01-02-2022, 02:55 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Forever, 

Did you notice the feed he got for most of those goals?
Service has been dreadful for walker since his arrival but his positional sense is lightyears ahead of Marquis and Hirst.

Feed him and he will score.