TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Something is not right at our club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something is not right at our club, we got told it was because of wages we could not strengthen. Downing, Harrison, Marquis, Brown all leave and Bass out on loan all saving us big money. Should have freed up cash to be used elsewhere. Who out of the incoming players would be on good money, maybe Hume?.

Why could we not compete with small clubs for players who would have given us a chance of the top 6.

A few Players we missed out on to smaller clubs..

Matty Longstaff to league two Mansfield Town

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60209716

Lewis Wing Wycombe Wanderers

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60209347

Ben Thompson Gillingham

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60207984

It looks like league one will be our home for a long time yet, if something doesn't change, It would be better to have a manager like Accrington Stanley, John Coleman, who runs a club on pocket change, and still competes. Just think what he could do with our £10 budget??.
Until the grounds work are complete expect more of the same
And yet, that is CapEx and should not diminish the entertainment on the pitch.

You would think that the former CEO of Disney would be the first to understand that.

This policy of off the pitch, not on the pitch punishes the fans for the neglect of previous owners. In terms of brand management, it is shortsighted and reckless.
The problem is the Eisners; nothing will improve until they sell us on.
(01-02-2022, 06:29 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Something is not right at our club, we got told it was because of wages we could not strengthen. Downing, Harrison, Marquis, Brown all leave and Bass out on loan all saving us big money. Should have freed up cash to be used elsewhere. Who out of the incoming players would be on good money, maybe Hume?.

Why could we not compete with small clubs for players who would have given us a chance of the top 6.

A few Players we missed out on to smaller clubs..

Matty Longstaff to league two Mansfield Town

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60209716

Lewis Wing Wycombe Wanderers

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60209347

Ben Thompson Gillingham

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60207984

It looks like league one will be our home for a long time yet, if something doesn't change, It would be better to have a manager like Accrington Stanley, John Coleman, who runs a club on pocket change, and still competes. Just think what he could do with our £10 budget??.

That's amazing! All of these players would have suited us.

It seems any cash is going towards the ground redevelopment.

We are treading water at best.
Training ground too - TBF the infrastructure did need an overhaul
NC certainly seemed hacked off about something last night. I wonder if he was expecting to hear that Thompson had been signed by the backroom staff while he was running the game.
If you own a business, you need to make sure all areas of the business are successful.

What is happening at the moment, is we are sacrificing the main part of a football club, the team. Under the premise we are spending the money on the ground. If you can't invest a bit of your own money into a club, then don't f*cking buy a football club.

If I invest in my home via a extension, when I come to selling it, it's worth more.
unless there is a big signing or three in the summer, then I fear a lot of those empty ST seats last night will be empty a lot of the time next Winter.
I need to give my head a wobble, I agree 100% with pick n mix.
If we agreed on everything, how boring would it be.

We can argue about something else later. Wink

Have a good Evening. PUP
and despite it all
I've just bought a ticket for Shrewbury away.
We must be mad!
The remainder of this season just became a dead rubber. Seriously wtf
one think we are not used to is mid table seasons, hardly any since I've been supporting forty years or more.
(01-02-2022, 10:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and despite it all
I've just bought a ticket for Shrewbury away.
We must be mad!

Wow. I doff my hat!!!
(01-02-2022, 09:25 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]If you own a business, you need to make sure all areas of the business are successful.

What is happening at the moment, is we are sacrificing the main part of a football club, the team. Under the premise we are spending the money on the ground. If you can't invest a bit of your own money into a club, then don't f*cking buy a football club.

If I invest in my home via a extension, when I come to selling it, it's worth more.

Absolutely. Why the feck did Eisner buy a football club if he wasn’t prepared to spend on the team, makes no sense. God I wish he sell up asap.
Not long ago we went on a run of 10 games unbeaten, wining 6 and topping the form guide. A poor run of 4 games later and all of a sudden there's something rotten in the club, the players are pretty much all shite, the manager's a dead man walking and why don't the Eisners just sell up and fuck off.
Some need to get a bit of a grip and a bit of perspective.
I guess 12th place in a poor league, possibly falling as low as 15th after Saturday, would be the bit of perspective quite a few people are getting, but I understand that 3-4 wins would make people more upbeat... but where those wins are coming from heaven only knows. But that's the way of the football fan. We are only high or low, rarely in between. 5 games btw. 2 draws and 2 goals in 5.
(02-02-2022, 01:49 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Not long ago we went on a run of 10 games unbeaten, wining 6 and topping the form guide. A poor run of 4 games later and all of a sudden there's something rotten in the club, the players are pretty much all shite, the manager's a dead man walking and why don't the Eisners just sell up and fuck off.

For me the whole of the summer we herd our wage budget was our problem, this was stopping us from getting our main targets. The likes of Downing, Harrison, Marquis and Jacobs, Being the big earners. So when the winter transfer window opens 3 of the 4 leaving plus Azeez, and Bass going out on loan.

You would think the playing budget would allow some real quality replacements. But some how we end up short on quality and numbers. This to me sounds alarm bells ringing, when teams with gates much lower then ours, are out bidding us for players, we should be demand more we had a outside chance of the top 6, now this has gone.

I think Cowley is also unhappy with the non backing with the transfers.
(02-02-2022, 01:49 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Not long ago we went on a run of 10 games unbeaten, wining 6 and topping the form guide. A poor run of 4 games later and all of a sudden there's something rotten in the club, the players are pretty much all shite, the manager's a dead man walking and why don't the Eisners just sell up and fuck off.

Don’t forget the sudden desperate need to play four at the back!