TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Williams and midfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With looking like Williams being out for the rest of the season with a fractured spine and only having 3 central midfielders on the books ( and one of those coming back from a long term injury). I feel we should take a short term punt return on someone out of contract. 
I know Ogilvie and Freeman have played there with little success so there obviously not a long term answer, and Minigi? Hasn’t had much first team exposure. 
We really need to see some short term investment in this area
(03-02-2022, 04:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]With looking like Williams being out for the rest of the season with a fractured spine and only having 3 central midfielders on the books ( and one of those coming back from a long term injury). I feel we should take a short term punt return on someone out of contract. 
I know Ogilvie and Freeman have played there with little success so there obviously not a long term answer, and Minigi? Hasn’t had much first team exposure. 
We really need to see some short term investment in this area

If true that's probably the end of WIlliams career ... a sad way to finish.
Really feel for Williams. I wouldn't want anyone to go through that. I hope he gets the necessary rehabilitation and fingers crossed there are no long term issues.
I was quite happy when he got substituted, now I just feel bad. Nasty injury that could potentially end his career.

With that in mind I'm surprised they let him walk off the pitch. I would have thought that were there is any risk of spine/neck injury they would do a spinal board and neckbrace as a precution. Sometimes, and especially with injuries to those areas you can seem fine but walking after the initial injury can make them much worse.
He would be mad to try and rush back from this, and with his contract up it must be a worrying time for him and his family.
Good luck to him.