TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cullen’s latest update on OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our CEO released the following update yesterday evening on various topics such as the January transfer window, Ground redevelopment and training ground:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022...ry-update/

What was made clear is that the playing budget is completely separate from the infrastructure budget. So neither are dependent on the other. 

What I’m struggling to comprehend is that we exceeded the playing budget last Summer and again this January. 8 players departed and 5 coming in. What the hell was our budget in the first place? Whatever it was is completely inadequate to be remotely competitive in this league. How can it be so low when our revenue streams are in the leagues top 6?
It must be tiny, or Cowley is so inadequate as a manger and players don’t want to play for him.
I'm impressed with Cullen. Of course he has to bring to fruition what he said and a few more deadlines would have been nice, but I'm impressed.
Well I think Cullen is full of shit. What he said doesn't make a damned bit of sense. We can see with our eyes what is happening to the squad. Its atrocious.
(04-02-2022, 02:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think Cullen is full of shit. What he said doesn't make a damned bit of sense. We can see with our eyes what is happening to the squad. Its atrocious.

Probably the most significant bit of that is the news that we lost loads of money last year ("fans will be surprised when they learn how much in March") and have lost more this year, but the Eisners have covered the losses and as a club we are still debt free. 

That is far more important than a bad January on the pitch, or even than a bad season, which this may well end up being.
it will be interesting to see just how much money each and every football club lost through Covid.
We did not keep full price or anything near season tickets, a lot of clubs did.
That means a huge amount of money covered from somewhere.
(04-02-2022, 03:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]it will be interesting to see just how much money each and every football club lost through Covid.
We did not keep full price or anything near season tickets, a lot of clubs did.
That means a huge amount of money covered from somewhere.

Catlin was talking about more than 500k every month at the time, so even if that was only during the season months I'll be surprised if our loss in 2020-2021 was less than 5 million.
Really if we come out of Covid debt free then we will be better placed than an awful lot of clubs moving forward.
Add in a safe stadium and a training ground
We all know the team is feeble but at least we are trying to follow a long term plan for once.
Cullen gettin battered on Twitter - I don’t really understand why - can anybody help me out
Cullen looks like Scummer Packham in a suit.
(04-02-2022, 10:38 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]Cullen gettin battered on Twitter - I don’t really understand why - can anybody help me outdoor

I wouldn't bother mate - Twatter is full of loud-mouthed retarded dins!!
Hard to see how when virtually all Cowley's transfer business has been downgrades on players, our expenditure on playing staff keeps going up?
Club seem to be very stable - whilst infrastructure is being addressed

Finally

Ps & still debt free
worth reading his latest about ROKO
which really opens up what we all hope for, or the youth team definitely and hopefully the reserve/U23 set up
I know Brick by Brick has taken some criticism of late, but this really is so in this case.
If a new owner came in and loaded a load of debt against the club then that would be a big concern/talking point
(05-02-2022, 08:40 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]If a new owner came in and loaded a load of debt against the club then that would be a big concern/talking point

IMHO the only mistake the Eisners have made was appointing DC.
And Jackett