TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Time to pick the right players?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Instead of choosing a formation and then trying to select players to fit it, isn't it about time we picked the 11 best players and then decided on the best formation to play them. For example 4-2-1-3:

Bazunu

Romeo, Carter, Raggett, Hume

Thompson, Morrell

Jacobs

Harness, Walker, Curtis
No matter what the formation, it doesn’t prevent a player from putting a decent cross into the box.
Absolutely, and that's what the training ground is for! Curtis and Harness need to keep out wide 75% of the time and supply the crosses for Walker, Jacob, Morrell plus whichever of Curtis or Harness isn't supplying the cross. Easy peasy
(05-02-2022, 06:39 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely, and that's what the training ground is for! Curtis and Harness need to keep out wide 75% of the time and supply the crosses for Walker, Jacob, Morrell plus whichever of Curtis or Harness isn't supplying the cross. Easy peasy

You would think so, but how many years have they failed to do it.
I think O’Brien will be playing
I cannot understand how anyone would pick Harness he has had a short spell when he scored a few goals but that is it. Without doubt he has been so inconsistent ever since he has been here. I would love to know his pass rate after every game. When played out wide he is even worse his crossing is dreadful. I would definitely start with Jacobs and then if he tires then bring Harness for 10 minutes.
I guess you pick him because he is far and away our leading scorer, probably leads an assists column whatever that means, and is our only creative player when Jacobs and Curtis are benched. Harness is a natural behind the strikers and should never be played as a winger. Hence his excellent record this season compared to previous seasons when he was played exclusively out wide.
perhaps we should have cashed in on harness by agreeing sale last November!