TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: fans today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
proper pompey support from what I'm hearing on the radio.
We are usually better in adversity, at least away.
Just needs a dodgy ref and even better a goal for us
We’ve already got the dodgy ref, he’s a right card happy coont
Kick off delayed I am told. Incident in the tunnel. Sky say Medics and Police went down tunnel, An Oxford staff member banged his head lol
Ifollow saying its a medical emergency involving non playing member of staff.

2nd half ko in 5 mins
Curtis get in 2.1
well done Curtis! might get a few fans off his back for a week or so
Curtis and Jacobs ran the game for Pompey as most of us have been saying could happen for weeks.
I'm glad they both played, but the stats suggest that they didn't "run the game"
Curtis and Jacobs were pompey’s only creative force like we have been saying for weeks. So for Pompey they ran the game. I don’t give a monkeys ass for stats.
We still lost, though.
With the squad Cowley has put together we will continue to lose but at least we had some creativity in the pitch.
Let's face it cowley has No idea. Jacobs is by far the most creative player at the club & Curtis works hard & scores goals.

The sending off changed the game & we had to play for too long a man short.

Unlucky but we still lost.

Let's just concentrate on staying up now & would love to see a new experienced manager in place at the end of the season.
playing oxford with ten men and coming so close to winning is actually a decent performance. The problem was not today but over the last few games
(05-02-2022, 06:41 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]playing oxford with ten men and coming so close to winning is actually a decent performance. The problem was not today but over the last few games

The choice of players in the last couple of months Hammie. The fact that Cowley wants to use the players he's signed, and they're not as good as the players he's shipped out. Even though they're apparently more expensive to run. I don't understand why he's confident/arrogant enough to think he can take strikers from other clubs who never score a goal and turn them into goalscorers, when he already had strikers who were struggling to get goals who he clearly couldn't help. So now he's left himself with a weaker squad, which has to be crowbarred into the shape he wants to play, and the very decent players he's discarded because he didn't think they could fit his team shape, are thriving elsewhere. WALOB
have to agree about the strikers issue. It could not be more obvious given the start that both Harrison and Marquis have made elsewhere.
And "crowbarring the squad into a particular formation too.
Perhaps he could do that after a summer of training but mid season, square pegs in square holes always works best.
Those of us old enough to see the difference Claridge made by simply putting limited players in their best formation and positions know that too well.
I'd also question the number of injuries we are getting