TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: morrell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had forgotten that after Tuesday we were discussing how he got very aggressive at one point and a few online predicted he would get himself sent off if he did not ease off. Odd how quickly we forget things.
Hopefully the club can get the red card rescinded.
That horrible little turd Marty Taylor was straight in the refs face asking for the red card.
(05-02-2022, 08:58 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the club can get the red card rescinded.

Fingers crossed, or we only have Ryan Tunnicliffe and Louis Thompson In the middle. The transfer window closing will also not help.

O'Brian a possibility too. A couple of good touches when he came on at the end.
Hammie I thought the same thing..last game he wanted to chin everyone
Interesting theory. I was actually at the game and I didn't notice anything untoward other than the fact that he is very committed player; it's shame we haven't got a few more.
The TV coverage of the incident today is poor but what was clear that an inexperienced referee, who can't have had a clear view of what happened, was immediately put under pressure by the Oxford players to produce a red card...something, in all probability they practice in training. I don't like Karl Robinson and nothing surprises me nowadays. Cheating is now part of our game and some sides are better at it than others.
But let's suppose that there is some credibility in the argument that this was an accident waiting to happen. Here's a possible scenario. DC takes a lot of flak (most of it I'm afraid to say is justified) and irrespective of the support/obstacles put in his way by the owners/administration his transfer business has been pretty abysmal with three possible exceptions. One is Bazuma, and he's on loan, and the other two are Morrell and Ogilvy. Morrell must kinow he made the wrong choice when he came to us, he had other options, and we know we had a late bid for someone last Friday. Realistically there was only three possible candidates. Curtis and Harness are in poor form, so perhaps it was Morrell and for one reason or another he didn't get a chance to speak to the bidding club and he was a bit p---ed off! Just an idea, that's all.
Oh Baz , he played so well today, but ..then... both of their late goals were from shots you would NOW anticipate him saving. But we move on.

I came away very pleased with the genuine fight and team spirit . WE cannot legislate for (again) awful refs and lines people with no Cohunes ! 

However, it was a good game 2-2 would have been fair. 

Actually I thought the REF ( Mr TEN minutes ?) was nearly half way across to the Oxford player to congratulate him on the winner, 

- and finally,  never a red card, it musty be contested.
(05-02-2022, 08:52 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I had forgotten that after Tuesday we were discussing how he got very aggressive at one point and a few online predicted he would get himself sent off if he did not ease off. Odd how quickly we forget things.

Morrell has got just about the right level of aggression that you need to play the midfield enforcer role effectively but when you compare him to the likes of Doyle he is just a pussycat. 

And there was nothing aggrerssive about his red card yesterday, he was just trying to win the ball.
I only saw the game on iFollow and therefore just the same almost head-on view as any one else watching on TV.

I was very surprised at the red but I had been very concerned at the way the Pompey players agitatedly surrounded the referee before he reached for a card.

I wonder if from the reverse angle (unseen by TV) it might have appeared that Morrell was ‘studs-up’ which might have justified the red card.

If the judgement of the appeal is based mainly on the TV pictures (the players will have equal and opposite views according to which colour shirt they were wearing) Pompey have an excellent chance of overturning the Red.

If the referee says “he had his studs up” that will be it I fear.

It’s interesting how many Red card tackles, examined on VAR, look so different from angles other than that of the live TV, foul tackles is one of the areas VAR has been something of a success, in so many others it has disappointed.