TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Michael Eisner gets richer and richer and richer !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Michael Eisner must have completed his annual filing with the US IRS as the 2019 numbers are now being reported in US financials. The Los Angeles Business Journal has a synopsis.

If you are interested in what real wealth looks like, this might give you some idea.

Michael Eisner (77) Net Worth $ 2.3 Billion ($ 2,300,000,000).

.............................. o ............................

I have converted this to £ 
Sterling at this afternoon’s Forex rates:

$ 2,300,000,000 equates to £ 1,683,450,550 (One thousand six hundred and eighty three Million Pounds Sterling)

His wealth increased from his previous years filing of £ 2 Billion to the current $ 2.3 Billion mainly from cashing in a large tranche of Disney shares

His Will must be pretty watertight, if not, I fear he may end up the richest corpse in the graveyard

The purchase of Pompey (was it £10 Million ?), a mere Gnat’s Dick of that wealth, mark you, after tax breaks, Roll-Overs and write downs (particularly generous in the US), I doubt he paid diddly squat in real terms for Pompey.

Brick by brick, that’s the way you do it !
Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team...
I recall Mandaric saying how he did not want to throw money away on football as he remembered how hard he had to work for many years to earn it.
 I never get this argument that just because some one is rich they should run a business badly, in fact so badly that they will leave it to go bust in someone else's hands. Which is what always happens in the long run. 
I really hope that any pompey fan of any experience knows just how painful it is to see our football club go bust over and over again.
(25-01-2021, 06:53 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I recall Mandaric saying how he did not want to throw money away on football as he remembered how hard he had to work for many years to earn it.
 I never get this argument that just because some one is rich they should run a business badly, in fact so badly that they will leave it to go bust in someone else's hands. Which is what always happens in the long run. 
I really hope that any pompey fan of any experience knows just how painful it is to see our football club go bust over and over again.

Its also the situation that Sunderland find themselves in. Run as a plaything for many years (despite their size) and now that they are adjusting to the reality of becoming a sustainable business, it is an incredibly slow and painful process for them.

That being said, the amount of progress on the ground is pretty feeble so far. Not much to show after 3 years. A new roof and some prep-work. Not bad but not too exciting either. 

Haggling over a footbridge with Network Rail for 2 years, when you've earned $200,000,000 in that time is a bit odd, if you ask me. Especially as it is one of the key hurdles to overcome in order to increase capacity at the ground.
it is a little sad that we have not been in the position to say, right get he building done now while the ground is closed anyhow. Even just the Milton End, but even better trash and replace the North Stand. Hopefully e will never have such an extended period to get the work done without losing income. On the other hand they did promise to try and do the job properly long term.
(25-01-2021, 05:23 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]The purchase of Pompey (was it £10 Million ?)

Far less.

The ten mill was agreed to be deposited in the club's account but most of it has since been withdrawn.
Spent*