TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Williams out for the season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two shattered vertabrae, three months
(07-02-2022, 09:17 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Two shattered vertabrae, three months

A terrible, terrible, terrible shame.
Great shame for him. At his age should he really be considering ever playing professionally again.
(07-02-2022, 09:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Great shame for him. At his age should he really be considering ever playing professionally again.

Was thinking the same, long before the injury though
its odd how some players can do it at his age and beyond and some just lose something earlier and never get it back.
I thought he was going to be a great signing as per Michael Doyle, maybe its a lot harder just one league up.
Every year that passes is another year where I think we see Doyle for the colossus he was in that promotion winning season
I clearly remember Doyle getting stick on here.

Now, the older he gets, the better he was.
(08-02-2022, 09:50 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I clearly remember Doyle getting stick on here.

Now, the older he gets, the better he was.

Everyone gets stick on here, even the good players.

The level of football nous isn’t the highest sometimes.

Michael Smith being a classic example.
Doyle was a very similar player to Williams. Often misplaced passes and a bit doddery. Remember him playing in teams that got beat 3-0 at home to Newport.

I think Forde was the key signing that allowed that team to reach its potential. Again, not an outstanding player but a reliable and confident leader that the other players trusted.
What I mean was the togetherness and the grit.

Curtis comes close but have we otherwise had that since?
(08-02-2022, 02:16 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]What I mean was the togetherness and the grit.

Gareth Evans ?
re Forde
I think he started out a bit arthritic
but improved and made some great saves as the season went on.
More than that, and the bit that baz needs to work on was how he dominated his area took many crosses and instantly retrieved pressure by doing that. reminded me of Dave Bassett.
Freeman could be out for the season also with a ruptured ankle ligament. DC said his chances of being fit before the end of April are slim.
(08-02-2022, 02:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2022, 02:16 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]What I mean was the togetherness and the grit.

Gareth Evans ?

Fair point yes