TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cookie back to Chesterfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Haha I did enjoy his post match interviews when his voice was all over the place.

I think under different circumstances Cook would have been a fantastic fit for us.

The problem (i think) was that there was still a lot of anger and impatience amongst the fans regarding the fall from grace and the shit managers we had to cope with previously. That and the fact that Cookies stock was on the rise and he was ambitious to manage at a higher level so dropped us like a stone. Appleton also dropped us at the drop of a hat but I don't see many people remembering that.

I really hope Danny finds a way to get us winning next year. I want to believe what he says. There have been glimpses but for the most part its been a tough slog.
If we show plenty of determination and spirit for the rest of the season, we'll be somewhere near the playoffs by May. Our players are good enough with the right leadership and training - oh and lots of practice taking corners and free kicks. Beckham wasn't the greatest player for Man U or England, but he was the best at free kicks and crosses. How did he achieve that - practice, practice, practice. A lesson for Curtis, Harness, Jacobs, Romeo, Hume.
Cook is one of the good ones.

Lest we forget a certain manager from Poplar who made an acrimonious mistake then returned to win us a cup.
Two differences between Cook and Appleton.
1. Cook wanted a bigger club and playing budget but didn’t fit the Eisners ‘front of house ‘ profile.
2. Appleton wanted to stay here but was shat on from a great height by PFC and had to move to save his career.
Pages: 1 2