TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jacobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously, a great performance from him. An assist and a goal capped it all.

It has to be said that it was also a sloppy ball from him that led to Burton's goal. What made it easier to forgive was the manner in which he chased the ball all over the park and didn't give up until Ahadme put the ball in the net.

Everyone makes mistakes but I'll go easy on anyone who does their damnedest to rectify it.

A total contrast to Curtis, the other week.
Curtis puts in a shift every match. I don’t think he can be faulted for effort.
Curtis has his faults but I can rarely recall, lack of effort being one of them.
We will miss him if and when we push him out
Just watch the way he strolls back after giving the ball away to Sunderland and contrast that with Jacobs! Unforgivable!!!
Both Jacobs and Curtis had excellent games last night. Not sure how you can leave a player of Jacobs quality out of the team and Curtis really did put a shift in - I know some on this forum are not fans of Curtis but he never shy's away from a challenge and we'd have a lot less character in the team without him.
Curtis had a great game last night. In fact they all did, apart from Walker. Walker really has to start showing why he was brought here.
I think Walker is doing a great job of why Marquis was relieved to leave
Also on Jacobs - played them on his own at times last night. Talisman!
Watching Cowley post match interview he conceded that the criticism for not playing Jacobs was fair. Not many managers would say that and you have to give him credit for it. So often stubbornness drives a wedge between a manager and the fans.
(09-02-2022, 01:50 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Watching Cowley post match interview he conceded that the criticism for not playing Jacobs was fair. Not many managers would say that and you have to give him credit for it. So often stubbornness drives a wedge between a manager and the fans.

and the manager and one of their best players (such as our only goalscorer for a few years ebing frozen out)
(09-02-2022, 01:50 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Watching Cowley post match interview he conceded that the criticism for not playing Jacobs was fair. Not many managers would say that and you have to give him credit for it. So often stubbornness drives a wedge between a manager and the fans.

I hope he has learned a lesson from this.....listen to the fans!!!
(09-02-2022, 04:38 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope he has learned a lesson from this.....listen to the fans!!!

Bloody hell, I hope it never comes to that.
If DC has any sense he'd swallow his stubborness completely & build the teamaround Jacobs.

The defence is looking much more secure now, attack is struggling but need a better supply of through balls & crosses.

He just needs to sort out midfield but he's getting there.

BTW Jack Willshere still hasn't got a club & is doing a stint on Talk Sport.

He stated yesterday if th eright club makes an approach he'll even play for FREE!

I think a pay be game deal is only fair with a bonus if we reach the play offs.

He's fully fit still training at Arsenal & went on their trip to Dubai.

I don't know why DC doesn't sound him out as he's a brilliant player who could totally change our season.
Jacobs will be off in the summer along with Curtis, Harness and Bass.
(11-02-2022, 07:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]If DC has any sense he'd swallow his stubborness completely & build the teamaround Jacobs.

The defence is looking much more secure now, attack is struggling but need a better supply of through balls & crosses.

He stated yesterday if th eright club makes an approach he'll even play for FREE!

I don't know why DC doesn't sound him out as he's a brilliant player who could totally change our season.

In a recent interview he said he has turned down championship clubs because he thinks he can do a job still in the premier. What on earth makes you think he would consider coming here for about 5% of his latest wages ??
(11-02-2022, 09:15 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2022, 07:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]If DC has any sense he'd swallow his stubborness completely & build the teamaround Jacobs.

In a recent interview he said he has turned down championship clubs because he thinks he can do a job still in the premier. What on earth makes you think he would consider coming here for about 5% of his latest wages ??
If that's the case he needs a large dose of reality. He's no longer the golden boy of European football, who wowed the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, but a washed up, injury-prone 30 year old with less than perfect record when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. He should be biting the hand off any championship club prepared to offer him a  deal, if he has in fact actually received an offer from one.
He should leave his ego at home and play for the first club that offers him a deal. Then go from there.
(12-02-2022, 10:21 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]He should leave his ego at home and play for the first club that offers him a deal. Then go from there.

trouble is they get paid so much, there is little incentive to go nd play again.
He's another O',Hara and David Bentley, not genuinely interested in the game, only the culture and the wealth
No he's Not being arrogant/Big Headed in fact the opposite. You can listen to recording over the programme. I'll try to dig out a link. He just wants to play Nothing to do with money. Darren Bent was trying to get him to consider Ipswich. It just needs someone to sell him Pompey pity Harry's not involved as he'd persuade him to come For Sure!
He could replace Jacobs.
He said recently that he had six offers on the table all from abroad, one being in a 'top' league, presumably others being the likes of Australia, China, India...
I've investigated & Como Seria B want him but due to EU rules post Brexit they can't get the deal over the line.

He could still do a job for Arsenal off the bench mainly but reports say he's still at that level.

West Brom with Steve Bruce msanager are also looking at him.
(13-02-2022, 07:22 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I've investigated & Como Seria B want him but due to EU rules post Brexit they can't get the deal over the line.

He could still do a job for Arsenal off the bench mainly but reports say he's still at that level.

West Brom with Steve Bruce msanager are also looking at him.

and yet you still think he would want to come here ?
Probably Not in the scheme of things unless someone at the club sell our potential hard to him.

He's in limbo at present so will consider most things & we certainly don't want he going to Ipswich!