TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MacGillivray
Johnson, Whatmough, Raggett, Brown
Harness, Naylor, Cannon,Curtis
Marquis, Williams

Subs
Turnbull, Daniels, Nicolaisen, White, Byers, Jacobs, Harrison
Again no Hiwula on the bench, is he injured (no mention of an injury in Snooze or Official site) ? 

If money is as short as some state, why on earth did we extend the contract of a player the manager doesn’t think is good enough even for the bench ?
(26-01-2021, 06:25 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Again no Hiwula on the bench, is he injured (no mention of an injury in Snooze or Official site) ? 

If money is as short as some state, why on earth did we extend the contract of a player the manager doesn’t think is good enough even for the bench ?

Are you saying the club should not have more than 18 players ?  That there is no point having a player not named on the bench this week ?
Accrington doing us a favour at the moment  Smile 1:0 up against 'ull.
I bet myself a Pound to a Penny you would be first up Deep. I’ll come back after the game
(26-01-2021, 06:50 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Accrington doing us a favour at the moment  Smile 1:0 up against 'ull.

2 up now. Big Grin
Personally I'd have Hiwula on the bench instead of Harrison, especially as Harrison is hardly what you call prolific and is very similar to Marquis ( although better in the air). Hiwula offers us a different style of attacker
Kick in the teeth for Jacobs
Accy have won 2.0
Go on Stanley! (as we say in Copnor)
What are you talking about Deep ? I never mentioned player numbers at all, methinks your 18 player gambit is just another smokescreen to deflect any criticism of Jackett’s attitude to Hiwula or his contract extension.

You Deep, lectured Pedalo  Menders thus:

What part of ‘ We are in the middle of a pandemic with no crowds and losing money hand over fist’ are you struggling with ? When all Pedalo had suggested was a minimal loosening of the purse strings.

Yet you are happy to see Pompey extend the contract of a player that our manager seems to have little use for in League 1 games, he hasn’t even been on the bench for either of our last two League games.

I can’t remember but:

*How many L1 games has Hiwula started for us ?

*How many L1 games has he been subbed on with meaningful game time left say 25 minutes or more (isn’t that what Harrison usually gets ?)

I don’t have a problem with Jackett reckoning that Hiwula isn’t L1 standard but just don’t extend his contract....just get someone in he does fancy instead. 

But, who knows, Jackett may confound his critics by starting Hiwula at Charlton ?