TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Here we go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
30 minutes gone, no shots on target and now Whatmough sent off. All the signs of the usual new year decline.
(26-01-2021, 07:35 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]30 minutes gone, no shots on target and now Whatmough sent off. All the signs of the usual new year decline.

Afraid so
Not good but have still been attacking. Keep the faith. KJ needs to think about changing formation & Subs Now!
(26-01-2021, 07:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Not good but have still been attacking. Keep the faith. KJ needs to think about changing formation & Subs Now!

Attacking? Not a shot on target and I wouldn’t bet against that being the situation at the final whistle!
Never a red! The tell, tell sign was that the Lincoln players didn't appeal for a red. Says it all really.

Rubbish ref......... boo.........
I'm only following on Sky Sports but looks like they're still at it.

Good point & KJ needs to make at least one Sub at H.T.

Can anyone watching on ifollow let us now what Whatmough did to get sent off?

Also, has Naylor moved to CB?

Many thanks.
Many thanks Derby. Jack isn't a dirty player. Hard but fair. Rasmus on for Harness at H.T. PUP!
Basically MCGillivray keeping us in this at the moment
(26-01-2021, 08:35 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Basically MCGillivray keeping us in this at the moment

How many home defeats so far this season?
Jacks would have looked like a red to us if he were playing against us. More to the point he made a full blooded challenge in a place on the pitch where it was not required against a player who was going nowhere. Foolish really. 
I'm not blaming Kenny for this one.
(26-01-2021, 08:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Jacks would have looked like a red to us if he were playing against us. More to the point he made a full blooded challenge in a place on the pitch where it was not required against a player who was going nowhere. Foolish really. 
I'm not blaming Kenny for this one.

Indeed. Jack takes full blame for a stupid challenge. Pompey look a mess suddenly and dispirited. January brings gloom and doom every year it seems.
(26-01-2021, 08:42 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-01-2021, 08:35 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Basically MCGillivray keeping us in this at the moment

How many defeats so far this season?

Far too many home defeats this season although I do think Referees decisions have gone against us here.
Can't blame Jack for all this because I don't think either own goal Saturday was totally his fault. Then the sending off tonight... ffs Jack stop it, it's like you're running about in a constantly detonating suicide vest.
Forget automatic promotion. Play offs at best. If we were Chelsea KJ would have been fired 2 years ago!
Reality check.
In 2015/16, when we won League One, we had a point LESS than we have now (after 23 games).
Only half-way, folks.
Keep the faith.
(26-01-2021, 09:04 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Reality check.
In 2015/16, when we won League One, we had a point LESS than we have now (after 23 games).
Only half-way, folks.
Keep the faith.

True enough! We did have a motivated and, for that league, a good team. Is this bunch up to it?
But that wasn't KJ he is useless.
What a miserable 4 days. No goals, no points and a red card to boot. Heading for the top has suddenly begun to look more like a struggle to stay in the play off places? Yes I know it’s only 2 games but after decades of supporting the club I know that when Pompey hit a spell like this it often doesn’t have a happy ending. Time will tell.
(26-01-2021, 09:08 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]But that wasn't KJ he is useless.

It isn't going to happen Mikey but if it did, who would you have in mind ?
It's funny isn't it, players come and go, managers come and go, years turn into decades yet two things never change:

1. We are shit away from home
2. We fuck up in January
(27-01-2021, 01:19 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny isn't it, players come and go, managers come and go, years turn into decades yet two things never change:

1. We are shit away from home
2. We fuck up in January

We certainly aren't shit away from home this season. It's our home form, for whatever reason. it's abysmal
(26-01-2021, 09:11 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]

Here we go again. Lets put some names in a hat and everyone argue about the possibility of this or that manager coming.
Then, nothing changes. KJ still the manager despite bad runs of form, and he will probably get a contract extension.
For what it's worth:
Eddie Howe (Ex Pompey of course and relatively local.)
Frank Lampard.
Let the arguments begin.
Two realistic ones there. FWIW I wouldn't want either of them, although I'd still have Lampard as a player

(27-01-2021, 12:56 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]

Here we go again. Lets put some names in a hat and everyone argue about the possibility of this or that manager coming.
Then, nothing changes. KJ still the manager despite bad runs of form, and he will probably get a contract extension.
For what it's worth:
Eddie Howe (Ex Pompey of course and relatively local.)
Frank Lampard.
Let the arguments begin.

Frank was my first thought. Maybe as player Manager? He can gain more experience & get us promoted hopelly.
Eddie Howe won't want Div 1 & is the favourite for taking over at Celtic.
Again! 1-2, but is goal scoring becoming a worrying problem?
Pages: 1 2