TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ground H&S Improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the estimated completion date & new ground capacity please?
2024 & around 20,000 i believe
Promotion push in 2025 then
Not sure why completion date is 2024 as I thought the ME was gonna be done over the summer of 2023
(13-02-2022, 08:16 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]2024 & around 20,000 i believe

Thrilling stuff
Why is it taking so long?
(14-02-2022, 05:49 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it taking so long?

Builders have got another job on at 25 Winter Road and they need the skip there.
tkes a long time to redevelop grounds while they are in use. Shame we were not set to go before the closures for Covid
Important work thou wether we like it or not
We'd be in a half closed ground without it. Not forgetting the work they did to prop up both north and south stands
bearing in mind the pub mezanine floor that collapsed this week, probably as well they did it, could you imagine the carnage if a goal went in and part of the stand collapsed!

So we will be operating with a partially closed ground & curreny capacity of aprox 15,000 until then?
(18-02-2022, 04:04 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

So we will be operating with a partially closed ground & curreny capacity of aprox 15,000 until then?

Yep certainly til the end of this season hopefully I reckon mikey ✅
Not sure why they didn't get a proper concreting firm in to do the north stand,they would of turned up with there gang of Indians and cracked the job out,seems to be slow going
(19-02-2022, 12:03 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why they didn't get a proper concreting firm in to do the north stand,they would of turned up with there gang of Indians and cracked the job out,seems to be slow going

I think they opted for it being done professionally.
(19-02-2022, 12:12 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2022, 12:03 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why they didn't get a proper concreting firm in to do the north stand,they would of turned up with there gang of Indians and cracked the job out,seems to be slow going

I think they opted for it being done professionally.

Why did they choose PMC than
used them before and happy with the work?

Step by step innit moosh ffs

What’s the rush - it’s not as if we will be competing with the big boys at the top of the prem no matter how fast you want them to go mikey - at least the ground capacity won’t continue to shrink which is exactly what’s happened pretty much for the last 40 or so years 

The facts are that the present works are the most significant thing to be done at FP since the present FE & the North Stand roof extension was done way back in the mid nineties - also improvements to the training facilities being made - seems the pitches there have drainage issues & need investment to get them up to the next level 

Can’t be easy when they appear to be intent on keeping PFC clear of significant debt