TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Gagliardi leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roberto Gagliardi is leaving the club at the end of the month for what sounds like a better job. 

Apart from identifying Curtis I can't say he had done anything noticable and one wonders how responsible he was for letting Cowley down in January when it came to recruitment. 

His exact role as head of football operations was always a bit vague and his visible profile so low key that I'm sure many fans will not even have heard of him, but it will be interesting to see if he is replaced or the role done away with.
(15-02-2022, 06:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Roberto Gagliardi is leaving the club at the end of the month for what sounds like a better job. 

Apart from identifying Curtis I can't say he had done anything noticable and one wonders how responsible he was for letting Cowley down in January when it came to recruitment. 

His exact role as head of football operations was always a bit vague and his visible profile so low key that I'm sure many fans will not even have heard of him, but it will be interesting to see if he is replaced or the role done away with.

Or maybe we didn't get the players he highlighted over the line, and this p*ssed him off?.
but we are going to replace him. If we are short of money for the team, why are we employing extra layers of managers?
Must have been lining that job up for a while.
Well, I don't know what went on behind the scenes and who on the recruitment team is responsible for what specific actions but in terms of players signed during his tenure, I'd say it was underwhelming, to put it politely.
He was appointed by Cullen only 7 months ago.
No loss, in fact I think we can do a lot better.
(15-02-2022, 11:49 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]He was appointed by Cullen only 7 months ago.

He's been at the club since 2018, but his job title changed to what it is now in March last year when Cowley was appointed. I think he was head of recruitment or something like that before then.  Both job roles very vague and his actual role not very visible at all.
Perhaps for this, and other roles, publishing a full job description would endorse PFC openness and Glasnost!
(16-02-2022, 11:32 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps for this, and other roles, publishing a full job description would endorse PFC openness and Glasnost!

Cullen making it clear today that his replacement will not report to DC, and DC will not report to him. He will report directly to Cullen on a separate management line.  That sounds like an opportunity to appoint a 'wise old football man' to advise the board on all things football-related without treading on Cowley's toes.
Andy Awford rumoured to be in the frame.

I would quite like him in that capacity.
Do we know who got this in the end?

Funny how we have had a superb window since this guy moved on
Still nobody appointed yet.
It was a total embarrassment. We tried to get the chap from Forrest Green rovers but wouldn't pay him enough. We then tried to get the chap from Cambridge and again, we also failed to pay them enough to accept the offer.

In both instances the chairmen of the clubs involved reveled in publicly disclosing our failures. The board is very lucky that Danny and his team worked as hard as they did to make up for the boards total ineptitude.

The latest is that we have 'paused' the search. Which basically means we have no targets identified and don't want to further embarrass ourselves (thank god).
(15-02-2022, 08:19 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]but we are going to replace him. If we are short of money for the team, why are we employing extra layers of managers?

We aren’t short of money for the team.
We ( & the Cowley's it seems) obviously don't need a person in this role. I think DC has done extremely well in his last 2 transfer windows IMO.
(19-09-2022, 07:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It was a total embarrassment. We tried to get the chap from Forrest Green rovers but wouldn't pay him enough. We then tried to get the chap from Cambridge and again, we also failed to pay them enough to accept the offer.

In both instances the chairmen of the clubs involved reveled in publicly disclosing our failures. The board is very lucky that Danny and his team worked as hard as they did to make up for the boards total ineptitude.

The latest is that we have 'paused' the search. Which basically means we have no targets identified and don't want to further embarrass ourselves (thank god).

This isn’t what happened though. You should listen to the interview with Cullen where he outlines what actually happened and why this what put on hold. Offers weren’t made.
(16-02-2022, 11:24 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2022, 11:49 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]He was appointed by Cullen only 7 months ago.

He's been at the club since 2018, but his job title changed to what it is now in March last year when Cowley was appointed. I think he was head of recruitment or something like that before then.  Both job roles very vague and his actual role not very visible at all.

You expect him to give interviews and provide a tally of who indemnified which player and there involvement in the signing?

Do you know all the club staff by name?
(19-09-2022, 09:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You expect him to give interviews and provide a tally of who indemnified which player and there involvement in the signing?

I'm trying very hard to understand those questions, but they make no sense as a response to what I said.

But no, I would not expect interviews and yes, I do know the names of all the club staff cos they are listed on the website. But I can't work out why you would want to know either. And I don't think you know what indemnify means. 

But it's still true that he has been at the club since 2018, and it's still true that the fans know very little about what was involved in his job(s). The only things we know are that he identified Ronan Curtis a target (generally regarded as a good thing) because we were told that at the time, and that he was largely responsible for the cull of the youth players (generally regarded as a bad thing) because Liam Daish told us when he left. 

The lack of definition of the role makes it difficult for fans to judge whether replacing him is important or not. Personally I do not think DC needs much help in running the football side of the club, but could see some value in someone reporting directly to the board with vast football experience to increase the footballing knowledge of the board.
(20-09-2022, 09:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm trying very hard to understand those questions, but they make no sense as a response to what I said.

But no, I would not expect interviews and yes, I do know the names of all the club staff cos they are listed on the website. But I can't work out why you would want to know either. And I don't think you know what indemnify means. 

But it's still true that he has been at the club since 2018, and it's still true that the fans know very little about what was involved in his job(s). The only things we know are that he identified Ronan Curtis a target (generally regarded as a good thing) because we were told that at the time, and that he was largely responsible for the cull of the youth players (generally regarded as a bad thing) because Liam Daish told us when he left. 

The lack of definition of the role makes it difficult for fans to judge whether replacing him is important or not. Personally I do not think DC needs much help in running the football side of the club, but could see some value in someone reporting directly to the board with vast football experience to increase the footballing knowledge of the board.

The question is, why do you think the club need to tell you about everything a member of staff does?

I don’t really give a shit who does what, it’s you that is fixated on him. If someone does a bad job they’ll get sacked but the club aren’t going to keep you informed of what everyone is doing.
(20-09-2022, 10:25 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2022, 09:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

The question is, why do you think the club need to tell you about everything a member of staff does?

I don’t really give a shit who does what, it’s you that is fixated on him. If someone does a bad job they’ll get sacked but the club aren’t going to keep you informed of what everyone is doing.

Where did I say the club should tell us what everyone is doing ?  

All I said was that people don't know much about what he what he did, not that I was unhappy with that.
I'd like to know who our manager is should the current one get the sack.
(20-09-2022, 01:51 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to know who our manager is should the current one get the sack.

I'd give the job to BlueArmy, he's been astute enough to spot our weeknesses and could transform us from relegation candidates to a push for a playoff spot. 
The only problem is the South Africa/Atlanta commute.
(20-09-2022, 02:36 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2022, 01:51 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to know who our manager is should the current one get the sack.

I'd give the job to BlueArmy, he's been astute enough to spot our weeknesses and could transform us from relegation candidates to a push for a playoff spot. 

That and being a scummer cünt
(20-09-2022, 05:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2022, 02:36 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]

That and being a scummer cünt

And, I'd warrant, a fantasist.