TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: back to the future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Safe standing almost certainly coming for part of the Fratton End and Milton end.
What do we think? Standing in one section front to back?
Standing across the front, sitting at the back. As the south and north were for many years
Sitting at the front, standing at the back?, without a wall in the middle that probably won't work. 

A lot of money has to be sent on the Fratton End either way. I guess they will hold fire on the Milton End til a decision is made.
It seems to be coming at the right time for us. Major works being done and we can prepare accordingly.
Safe standing doesn’t really interest me to be honest, it’s so far removed from being on a terrace, huddled in and able to move around and stand where you want.
(18-02-2022, 09:34 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Safe standing doesn’t really interest me to be honest, it’s so far removed from being on a terrace, huddled in and able to move around and stand where you want.

Yeh, I'm sure the metal pole that runs in front of you will remind people of the glory days of standing....

Next up, we are issued fire-resistant paper so we can restart the ticker tape entrance and we get Tina Turner to play "Simply the Best" before kick off. Alan Biley makes a comeback.

I don't mind them having a corner of the ground but turning the Fratton End into a giant rabbit hutch is not my idea of fun. The people that want to stand have known for many years where to go in the ground to do so and so far there have been no casualties as far as I am aware

The kids don't want to stand and most of us from the 70s/80s have dodgy backs so I don't know why it's still a goer. Probably coz the clubs have worked out they can still make money.
trouble is that once allowed safe standing the club will see seating closed if they do not change it and standing continues.
The health and safety people will be out of a job if they do not continually move the goalposts
It might be safe standing but there will be no freedom of movement. It’ll still be a ST or like for a specific ‘plot’ probably with a swing back bus shelter type seat.
So nothing like the good old days.
Sadly, I've gotten too old. I need a seat.
I'm not particularly for or against.
I too am old enough to need my seat.
A shame really that all seater was ever enforced.
Fratton End and South lower standing, the rest seated would have worked, apart from a bit of the milton end standing for away fans, some seated for the same.
The old model with older fans naturally moving to sit at the side, leaving younger boisterous types to make the noise behind the goals worked well for nearly a hundred years.
Remembering what Caitlin said, this is going to cost a lot of money which could be better spent.