TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cancelled games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it about time the rules around reimbursement change?

For example,where the decision to cancel lies with the club should they pay compensation? And where the referee/EFL cancel games likewise should they pay out?
I blame the club's for not having a covered stadium.

Make em pay!
We either have to accept a rule change to much earlier and more frequent cancellations with the inevitable pictures of a sunny day and perfect pitch at kick off time.
Or cope with some last minute call offs
either way someone will not be happy.
Precisely, Hammie.
It’s obviously annoying and expensive when games are called off but that is just a chance you take when you travel to games, nothing is ever certain is it?

In this case both clubs were happy to play so they can’t be held liable and good luck with getting the football authorities to pay.

Shit happens and always expecting to be reimbursed is totally unrealistic.
It’s the fucking modern world, Gaff. A compensation culture that some of the twats on here seem to subscribe to.

Thinking back on it, I’ve been to roughly half the league grounds (at least the old ones) and I’ve only come a cropper once. Ironically, that was at Fratton Park! I was living in Wales at the time and a game was cancelled (memory says it was against Huddersfield) because the pitch was frozen in front of the South stand. The rest of the ground was fine but because of the shadow……..
It was a lovely sunny day IIRC. Couldn’t bloody believe it

Did I fuck as like get compensation. We must have had shit owners then too.
(20-02-2022, 09:35 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We either have to accept a rule change to much earlier and more frequent  cancellations with the inevitable pictures of a sunny day and perfect pitch at kick off time.

Much earlier postponements every time imho
Teams don´t travel, fans don´t travel
(20-02-2022, 05:22 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2022, 09:35 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We either have to accept a rule change to much earlier and more frequent  cancellations with the inevitable pictures of a sunny day and perfect pitch at kick off time.

Much earlier postponements every time imho
Teams don´t travel, fans don´t travel

How can you have earlier postponements ? Weather does not conveniently get bad at the right time. If you called a game off 24 hours before kick-off every time there was a bad forecast, which you would have to do to avoid anyone travelling, there would be fixture chaos. And you still would not be able to prevent games being called off at the last minute like they are now when unexpected weather hits in the hours before kick-off.  

Yesterday's game sounds like an over-cautious ref, but he is the one with responsibility for the players' safety, no-one else.
Over-cautious is the buzz word of the past couple of years ffs. Fucking poofters.
(20-02-2022, 04:40 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the modern world, Gaff. A compensation culture.

Thinking back on it, I’ve been to roughly half the league grounds (at least the old ones) and I’ve only come a cropper once. Ironically, that was at Fratton Park! I was living in Wales at the time and a game was cancelled (memory says it was against Huddersfield) because the pitch was frozen in front of the South stand. The rest of the ground was fine but because of the shadow……..

You say ‘it’s the modern world. A compensation culture’ as if that’s a good thing Cunning.

Life is full of risks, and this idea that people should be compensated for every little thing is ruining life. A risk averse compensation culture is a more expensive, less enjoyable, culture. Another thing we have inherited from the Yanks that makes life worse, not better.

This idea that it’s always somebody’s fault and that any mistake or slight error of judgement should lead to financial penalty is moronic and corrosive.
(20-02-2022, 07:00 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]This idea that it’s always somebody’s fault and that any mistake or slight error of judgement should lead to financial penalty is moronic and corrosive.

Absolutely spot on Gaff.
(20-02-2022, 07:00 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2022, 04:40 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the modern world, Gaff. A compensation culture.

You say ‘it’s the modern world. A compensation culture’ as if that’s a good thing Cunning.

Life is full of risks, and this idea that people should be compensated for every little thing is ruining life. A risk averse compensation culture is a more expensive, less enjoyable, culture. Another thing we have inherited from the Yanks that makes life worse, not better.

This idea that it’s always somebody’s fault and that any mistake or slight error of judgement should lead to financial penalty is moronic and corrosive.

Did you really take it that I meant that????????

Do i have to add bloody emoticons on here as well?

Fuck, I give up.
I've edited the original, for clarity.
Are you all saying compensation is a bad thing then ?
Asking for a friend.
What is insurance if it's not for payouts when things go wrong?
Insurance is for making profits for insurance companies.

The payout thing is a side effect.
(20-02-2022, 08:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2022, 07:00 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you really take it that I meant that????????

Do i have to add bloody emoticons on here as well?

Fuck, I give up.

Sorry Cunning, I’m so used to replying to people telling me things have moved in and we all need palatial seats, ‘pate fe fois gras at matches etc.

OK, we agree then   Smile .
We may disagree on a lot of things but I detect, on things Pompey, we generally have a meeting of minds.