TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: the hardest challenge in football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is playing against ten men apparently?
I don't agree.
I would follow up that statement with the following question:

So why do you find it so farkin difficult to win against 11 then?

Start with easier challenges, such as:
Teaching the players how to cross the ball,
Defending a set piece,
Scoring from a set piece
Scoring in general
Getting shots on target even

Most of which seem beyond most of them at the moment.
(23-02-2022, 12:50 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I would follow up that statement with the following question:

So why do you find it so farkin difficult to win against 11 then?

Start with easier challenges, such as:
Teaching the players how to cross the ball,
Defending a set piece,
Scoring from a set piece
Scoring in general
Getting shots on target even

Most of which seem beyond most of them at the moment.
Agree pretty much everything you say there!
Agreed that our crossing is dire although we did put in a few gooduns early doors last night.
Yeah, I don’t blame Hirst for missing that absolute sitter from 3 yds last night. He was probably more surprised than anyone that the ball had actually landed on his head. Hume seems to be the only player capable of putting in a half decent ball. Harness, for some reason, is woeful at crossing, which is tragic for a winger.
Agree with that. Harness seems to sort of stab at it, ofter leading to a semi slice and a goal kick. It really isn't a hard technique, and they do have all day every day to practice.
Can’t complain about the number of crosses last night ( approx 40), it’s just the standard.
I’ve said it for ages Harness is over rated. As it has been said his crossing is woeful. When played out wide he rarely can beat his man more often than not he fouls when trying to tackle someone. Having a little spell every season where he will score some goals is not enough for me and I am sure Cowley can see it as well.
Let’s face it, that’s the reason he’s in the 1st div and not higher.
(23-02-2022, 11:21 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s face it, that’s the reason he’s in the 1st div and not higher.

I agree his inconsistnecy is his problem, but he would be in a higher league if we had accepted the deadline day offer for him.
Since that day his value must have halved. Can hardly control the ball suddenly…
The frustration yesterday was that most of the time he just ran with his head down into a dead end. And lost the ball. On the rare occasion he kept the ball, it was passes backwards or a scuffed cross.

Having a little 'rest' has not done him any good at all. Needs to get his head sorted before the next match.
Harness was all round dire last night, although he did keep chasing and trying to get involved.
Curtis was marked down in the News, I'd disagree with that, he had a great first half in conjunction with Romeo. He is also the one who made the decent cross for all of the missed chances (and leading to the first goal) that are shown in the highlights. I suspect he was also the tackler who left their player on the floor leading to him getting flattened and the red card. He also seriously annoyed the home crowd which is never a bad thing for me!