TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fleetwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2-1 to Pompey, with Harrison scoring for Fleetwood.
That'll do.
Better 3-0, with Harrison scoring for Pompey. He did it for Oxford.
I seem to remember him scoring more own goals when he played for us than goals for us. Didn’t he score a bullet header own goal when playing for us against Fleetwood once?
It’s that afro, ball bounces off it in all directions.
Several of the teams above us playing each other today. A win for us will close the gap on a few teams. Being ever the optimist, I still think we can get into the playoffs and still have my £10 bet at 16-1 placed in October that we will get promoted! Hang on guys while I shoot down that flying pig.
I'm expecting an unchanged team today bar Morrell replacing Tunnicliffe, but suspect he may protect Thompson from 3 games in a week and put him on the bench instead.
unchanged? no chance, the ipad probably says that O'Brien and the like are tired.
ooops
lets hope we can find a goal to get back in it as per Shrews
This is great so far....fuck off Cowley, clueless idiot.
Total of 13 minutes time added on (5 x 1st half and 8 x 2nd half) summed them up with their rolling around antics. Don't think they had a shot 2nd half but we threw away a win with woeful defending down our lhs in the 1st half. A game of 2 halves, I'm sure a neutral would say a draw was a fair result.
Can't understand how he starts Reeco. He can't tackle and loses the ball too easily. Bring him on for the last 10 if you must, to try and create something with his crosses as that is his strong point.
To be fair to Reeko, NC does seem to ask him to play a different role very game, not really right for a youngster trying to find his way.
I agree with hammie is that Cowley is asking to much of Hackett who is at best a mediocre left sided player. Sadly HF will never make a footballer I think.
(26-02-2022, 07:07 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Can't understand how he starts Reeco. He can't tackle and loses the ball too easily. Bring him on for the last 10 if you must, to try and create something with his crosses as that is his strong point.

Every morning Hackett wakes up the luckiest man on earth as for a few years now he's somehow mugged a living as a professional footballer.  He shows next to nothing on the pitch to warrant selection ahead of anyone else and even though he might put the odd goal away, feck me even Ryan Bird did that for us but soon ended up back at his natural level.

I'll support anyone wearing the Pompey shirt when I'm at a game but if Cowley decides to kick in the extra year on his contract that'll tell me more than I want to know about the ambitions of the club and DC's ability to spot a player.
We all know the ambitions of the club already: Do the bare minimum to keep it going. Its what we've seen over the last 5 years and its how all the other companies in the group are run.

I just wish they would do a little more with the infrastructure if they are going to starve the playing budget.
(27-02-2022, 04:33 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We all know the ambitions of the club already: Do the bare minimum to keep it going. Its what we've seen over the last 5 years and its how all the other companies in the group are run.

I just wish they would do a little more with the infrastructure if they are going to starve the playing budget.

Do a bit more with the infrastructue?
Really?
They are the first owners to do ANYTHING with the infrastructure since El Tel. Bearing in mind he paid £1 for the club. 
(except fan ownership which did as much as possible with the finances available)