TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Goalkeeper. Over. O I got I. ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My grandson who trawls the internet looking for snippets about Pompey, tells me that Pompey are talking to Huddersfield and Exeter with a view to bringing in another keeper. 

Don’t know the provenance of this rumour but, to me, it would make sense especially if Bass isn’t recovering as quickly as promised, I am unhappy about a rookie goalkeeper having to play L1 football should McG and Bass both be out at the same time.
(28-01-2021, 03:22 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]My grandson who trawls the internet looking for snippets about Pompey, tells me that Pompey are talking to Huddersfield and Exeter with a view to bringing in another keeper. 

Don’t know the provenance of this rumour but, to me, it would make sense especially if Bass isn’t recovering as quickly as promised, I am unhappy about a rookie goalkeeper having to play L1 football should McG and Bass both be out at the same time.

Similar quotes from Catlin today saying that they are worried Bass may be out longer than expected so more keeper cover is under consideration.
We've signed Exeters Lewis Ward until the end of the season as Bass has a leg stress fracture and its not healing as fast as they hoped.
So we are not chancing our arm on Turnbull, good call, hopefully Ward has enough about him not to let Pompey down if he has to come on.
(28-01-2021, 03:22 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]My grandson who trawls the internet looking for snippets about Pompey, tells me that Pompey are talking to Huddersfield and Exeter with a view to bringing in another keeper. 

"Goalkeeper. Over. O I got I. ?"

Which means?
Fat finger syndrome......and not previewing the post. Doh !