TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: I worry about a Nicolaisen/Raggett pairing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Jack out for 4 (?) games how does the likelihood of a Nicolaisen/Raggett pairing at the back for a few games grab you? Personally the few times I've seen Nicolaisen I've really thought he was struggling. Raggett has been impressive but I've often felt it was the commanding presence of Jack that was important in the partnership.

We really ought to have had an experienced centre back in the squad ready as back-up - what is the problem with Downing? He's got stacks of experience and was a regular when Blackburn won promotion from League One as recently as 2018.
Must admit I would've thought any club would need 4 decent CB's but apparently we don't. We have been short of 2 decent CB's since Burgess left. Downing is useless, Raggett is not consistent and I've not seen or heard enough of Nicolaisen to be convinced he's the answer.
Just another one of KJ's many shortcomings.
Yes, I'm afraid there's no other way of phrasing it about Downing. He's useless. The only pairing left to us is risky. raggett is frightening with he ball at his feet and the dane is fairly naive about English football.
I think that Daniels can play at CB & Naylor has played there beore.
(28-01-2021, 04:32 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]With Jack out for 4 (?) games how does the likelihood of a Nicolaisen/Raggett pairing at the back for a few games grab you? Personally the few times I've seen Nicolaisen I've really thought he was struggling. Raggett has been impressive but I've often felt it was the commanding presence of Jack that was important in the partnership.

We really ought to have had an experienced centre back in the squad ready as back-up - what is the problem with Downing? He's got stacks of experience and was a regular when Blackburn won promotion from League One as recently as 2018.

Raggett & Nicolaisen worked fine as a pairing in the clean sheet at Hull ... no reason why it can't again.  

And we have Downing, Naylor & Bolton as backup if needed.
And we have Downing, Naylor & Bolton as backup if needed.

I'm sorry thats not good enough,why haven't we brought in a CB this window,we didn't need 2 midfielders one was enough.
Another jackett cock up.