TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Abramovitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hope all those wishing for Eisner to be a sugar daddy are watching the Chelsea situation. If Abramovitch decides, or is forced to, call in his loans to the club they’re down £1.5 billion and up the proverbial. The funny money plastic prem is a strange place for sure….
The loans from owners when recalled have been exactly what has sent us in to receivership every single time. At the time we were unaware that their buying of players was only a loan, now those of us with long memories know very much better.
Its a wonderful place to launder money, as has proven time and time again. Pompey, man City, Leicester, all had wonderful owners who some allege washed their money through the club.
Spot on ! We don’t want anyone like Abramovich owning us.

Imagine us having to put up with winning only 2 Champions Leagues , 2 Europa Leagues, 5 Premier leagues, 6 F A Cups and 2 Super Cups !

Do we really want to see some of the worlds best players at Fratton Park ? Really !

Chelsea have massive €1.4 Billion indebtedness although it is all to related parties (ie Abramovich and his off-shore companies), none is interest bearing, none is to Banks or similar financial institutions, none involves a charge over Chelsea’s assets.

Chelsea is currently valued at €1.9 Billion but with a competitive bidding value much, much higher (Abramovich bought it £140 Million). Since the Ukraine crisis , Abromovitch has had unsolicited approaches from many buyers anxious to deal, Bloomberg describe many interested parties as on ‘ high alert’….especially as the UK government may try to force him to sell.

Pompey would also have had to face a 2 year transfer ban for repeatedly breaching the rules surrounding academy players.

Abramovich is, rightly, also under scrutiny as a citizen of the country invading an independent neighbour (although that neighbour, Ukraine, has today asked Abromovitch to intercede on its behalf).

Nah ! I’m sure that 99% of Pompey fans feel they are better off with Eisner.

Sources: Transfermarkt, Bloomberg, BBC, KPMG football benchmark.
Abramovich might have been an example of th fit and proper person test not working. There’s plenty of stuff on the internet about his court conviction, alleging theft of government property and bribing govt officials and gangsters in Russia to protect his assets.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/60560567

Good.
About time FIFA and UEFA grew some.
(28-02-2022, 05:57 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Abramovich (like Gaydamak)is just another example of th fit and proper person test not working. There’s plenty of stuff on the internet about his court conviction for stealing government property and bribing govt officials and gangsters in Russia to protect his assets.

Didn’t he buy Chelsea before the test was a thing?
Nothing to see here
(28-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2022, 05:57 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Abramovich (like Gaydamak)is just another example of th fit and proper person test not working. There’s plenty of stuff on the internet about his court conviction for stealing government property and bribing govt officials and gangsters in Russia to protect his assets.

Correct the test was brought in a year after he bought the club in 2003.

So I was wrong there hands up. Maybe they should have brought it in when the PL was formed.
(28-02-2022, 08:46 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Correct the test was brought in a year after he bought the club in 2003.

So I was wrong there hands up. Maybe they should have brought it in when the PL was formed.

Yeah they probably should have, I guess they didn’t foresee the crooks that would want to get involved.
(28-02-2022, 03:25 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Spot on ! We don’t want anyone like Abramovich owning us.

Imagine us having to put up with winning only 2 Champions Leagues , 2 Europa Leagues, 5 Premier leagues, 6 F A Cups and 2 Super Cups !

Do we really want to see some of the worlds best players at Fratton Park ? Really !

Chelsea have massive €1.4 Billion indebtedness although it is all to related parties (ie Abramovich and his off-shore companies), none is interest bearing, none is to Banks or similar financial institutions, none involves a charge over Chelsea’s assets.

Chelsea is currently valued at €1.9 Billion but with a competitive bidding value much, much higher (Abramovich bought it £140 Million). Since the Ukraine crisis , Abromovitch has had unsolicited approaches from many buyers anxious to deal, Bloomberg describe many interested parties as on ‘ high alert’….especially as the UK government may try to force him to sell.

Pompey would also have had to face a 2 year transfer ban for repeatedly breaching the rules surrounding academy players.

Abramovich is, rightly, also under scrutiny as a citizen of the country invading an independent neighbour (although that neighbour, Ukraine, has today asked Abromovitch to intercede on its behalf).

I think he's a genuine, likeable guy who wanted to move his wealth out of Russia 20 years ago about the time he bought Chelsea. He acting lawfully when buying the club who were struggling at the time. I remember their old ground with pretty bad viewing points from the terraces. He revitalised the whole club from the ground to the playing staff & the fans.

His energy & enthusiasm drove the club forward from the Dark Ken Bates era of some pretty dresadful 1st Division football to being the successful team in England. Yes, he's ruthless especially with sacking various managers for Not delivering constant success. The big difference between him & ME is he appointed the right people to run the club at all levels. 

One thing for certain he wouldn't have given Jackett a contract extension he would have gone after his first promotion failure. Whether we like it Not football is a business & has to be profitable for the owners who risk their money for some returns. I'm sure it also gives back enjoyment attending games when allowed into the country. He may Not be a Saint but also Not an outright sinner!
Start from Deacon, when he ran out of cash he called in his interest free loans. Yes there was no charge on the club, until he wanted it back. It then happened again and again. Interest free loans to be repaid on demand.
This time round there are no loans, it is money invested and not recallable.
(28-02-2022, 08:58 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2022, 03:25 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Spot on ! We don’t want anyone like Abramovich owning us.

I think he's a genuine, likeable guy who wanted to move his wealth out of Russia 20 years ago about the time he bought Chelsea. He acting lawfully when buying the club who were struggling at the time. I remember their old ground with pretty bad viewing points from the terraces. He revitalised the whole club from the ground to the playing staff & the fans.

His energy & enthusiasm drove the club forward from the Dark Ken Bates era of some pretty dresadful 1st Division football to being the successful team in England. Yes, he's ruthless especially with sacking various managers for Not delivering constant success. The big difference between him & ME is he appointed the right people to run the club at all levels. 

One thing for certain he wouldn't have given Jackett a contract extension he would have gone after his first promotion failure. Whether we like it Not football is a business & has to be profitable for the owners who risk their money for some returns. I'm sure it also gives back enjoyment attending games when allowed into the country. He may Not be a Saint but also Not an outright sinner!

Didn’t Ken Bates redo the ground? He had a flat in the hotel overlooking the pitch.
(28-02-2022, 09:28 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Didn’t Ken Bates redo the ground? He had a flat in the hotel overlooking the pitch.

You may be right there but I think it has been improved since. They have at least 2 private dining restaurants & a Night Club.
“Nah ! I’m sure that 99% of Pompey fans feel they are better off with Eisner..”

Too right.
(01-03-2022, 01:52 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2022, 09:28 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You may be right there but I think it has been improved since. They have at least 2 private dining restaurants & a Night Club.

They did a renovation of the west upper but Bates did the main works on the ground
According to news reports this morning Abramavich is asking £4Billion for Chelsea as he puts it on the block ( probably better than having his cock on it instead)
Hansbyorg Wjyss, a Swiss billionaire has tabled a bid today, let the auction begin !
(02-03-2022, 01:11 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Hansbyorg Wjyss, a Swiss billionaire has tabled a bid today, let the auction begin !

Surely the sanctions prevent him from taking £4bn out of the country  for the sale of a UK asset ?
Hopefully
(02-03-2022, 01:26 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2022, 01:11 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Hansbyorg Wjyss, a Swiss billionaire has tabled a bid today, let the auction begin !

Surely the sanctions prevent him from taking £4bn out of the country  for the sale of a UK asset ?

Currently he isn't on a UK sanctions lust. Hence his attempts to offload Chelsea FC and his houses, here in the UK. He does or did own an estate outside Petersfield, where his ex wife lived, with their children. No idea if that's still the situation.
I do find it odd that the British media seem to think that the oligarchs have an ounce of sway into Putins decision making.

It's like asking Richard Brandson to have a word with Tony Blaire to pull troops out of Iraq. Do people not understand how absurd that is?
(02-03-2022, 02:10 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I do find it odd that the British media seem to think that the oligarchs have an ounce of sway into Putins decision making.

It's like asking Richard Brandson to have a word with Tony Blaire to pull troops out of Iraq. Do people not understand how absurd that is?

Except Russia doesn’t operate like the UK, they have a sway because they fund him.
(02-03-2022, 04:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2022, 02:10 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I do find it odd that the British media seem to think that the oligarchs have an ounce of sway into Putins decision making.

Except Russia doesn’t operate like the UK, they have a sway because they fund him.

We do have a very similar system in the UK though ... the Tories are funded by Russian oligarchs too.
The word "allegedly" now appears in a few posts on this thread.

Please help me to help you by doing the same.

I am sure I will cop some abuse from this, but as anyone who knows Colin and Micah, or followed the Blackpool Oyston nonsense knows, yes people do read our board and yes they do litigate. Please don't let that be you.

I hope this is interpreted as I intend it - protecting Pompey fans, not trying to go all 1984 on you.

As you were...

PUP
Pages: 1 2 3 4