TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New Boris?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else noticed he doesn't stammer during his speeches re Ukraine as he does when answering PMQs for example?

Do you think his general portrail as a PM has improved during the current crisis?
The bumbling, stammering thing is like his messy hair thing - it’s an act - it allows him space to misdirect questions put to him. There’s a quote somewhere where he’s pinned down on it, and he replies “it’s got me this far”. Google it, I don’t remember it being difficult to find.

There’s a pretty good profile of him here:
Minister of chaos? He knows exactly what he’s doing

Its a very long piece, but it gets closest to the issue where it says:

Johnson’s uncle, the journalist Edmund Fawcett, told me the prime minister’s shambolic manner helps him connect with people. One of Johnson’s closest allies in government, his Brexit negotiator, David Frost, said the technique was “deliberate but unconscious.” Johnson, however, seems to know exactly what he’s doing. He said as much in an interview with CNBC in 2013, when he was asked whether his performative incompetence was typical in a politician. “No, I think it’s a very cunning device,” he said. “Self-deprecation is all about understanding that basically people regard politicians as a bunch of shysters.””
(27-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]The bumbling, stammering thing is like his messy hair thing - it’s an act - it allows him space to misdirect questions put to him. There’s a quote somewhere where he’s pinned down on it, and he replies “it’s got me this far”. Google it, I don’t remember it being difficult to find.

y dont u fRO
Tell you what, ‘Brian’, Ex-moooosh, whatever you want to call yourself, if you have anger issues or problems with self control or alcohol, shit-posting on the internet is not the best way of dealing with it. Maybe you should do something else with your time for a while.
Answer: No
(27-02-2022, 11:25 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Tell you what, ‘Brian’, Ex-moooosh, whatever you want to call yourself, if you have anger issues or problems with self control or alcohol, shit-posting on the internet is not the best way of dealing with it. Maybe you should do something else with your time for a while.

‘Shit posting on the internet’ and ‘maybe you should do something else with your time’.

Oh the delicious irony  Smile .
Well its true that trying to get you to answer any claim that you've made is a waste of time.

Spout bollox, run away, rinse and repeat, its GufferTime!
(28-02-2022, 08:20 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-02-2022, 11:25 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Tell you what, ‘Brian’, Ex-moooosh, whatever you want to call yourself, if you have anger issues or problems with self control or alcohol, shit-posting on the internet is not the best way of dealing with it. Maybe you should do something else with your time for a while.

‘Shit posting on the internet’ and ‘maybe you should do something else with your time’.

Tuffers was only answering the question and got ,what appears to be alcohol fueled abuse and can hardly be described as a post
So anything you don´t agree with is shit posting then.
(28-02-2022, 01:27 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-02-2022, 11:25 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]now that is serious Tell you what, ‘Brian’, Ex-moooosh, whatever you want to call yourself, if you have anger issues or problems with self control or alcohol, shit-posting on the internet is not the best way of dealing with it. Maybe you should do something else with your time for a while.

Oh the delicious irony  Smile 
Tuffers was only answering the question and got ,what appears to be alcohol fueled abuse and can hardly be described as a post

Now that is serious irony.
Hey 'Brian', you're up.

I'd suggest that next time you go easy on the Babycham - maybe just half a glass, for some it can be a gateway drug to something way more serious,
like a snowball.
Hi sado, if i is so stoopid why do you feel thge need to reply to my every post (I)
(28-02-2022, 01:27 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]

By the look of his posts Tufnell never stops drinking
(28-02-2022, 04:12 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Hey 'Brian', you're up.

I'd suggest that next time you go easy on the Babycham - maybe just half a glass, for some it can be a gateway drug to something way more serious,
like a snowball.

I like a snowball, not that I've had one for about 300 years. Advocaat, lemonade and a shot of cherry brandy mmmm, very alpha male
When we’re kids we’d give our dog a couple of snowballs at Christmas. Labrador retrievers love that advocaat - but like just ‘Brian’, one small glass and it all goes a bit pear-shaped.
Johnson back to his usual self at PMQs yesterday.
From bumbling clown to posing as quasi world leader-
Partygate,what partygate
Just can't take him seriously. Always looking after number one.
(06-03-2022, 08:48 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]From bumbling clown to posing as quasi world leader-
Partygate,what partygate

Thanks for that deep assessment of the situation Isaac, very illuminating.

We are on the verge of a World War, we have maxed out the credit card with ludicrous measures to fight a virus, our kids have missed out on education and life chances, a large number of the brainwashed population STILL scurry about with ineffectual bits of cloth covering their faces and you are worried about a few parties. The mind boggles.

Putin and Xi Jinping look at such views (which sadly are widespread in the flabby, decadent West) and can’t believe their luck.

The real outrage is not the parties but the ridiculous laws that supposedly outlawed them.

I want Boris gone, not because he attended a few parties but because he is not a man of conviction and sways with the wind to appease whichever bunch of crazies are making the most noise. He is not a leader in any real sense, we need someone who is ffs. He did at least get Brexit done (after a fashion) but he only did so to gain electoral favour, you don’t get the impression that his heart is really in it.
>Our kids have missed out on education and life chances<
They may have missed some education but hardly life chances or changes. Kids in Syria,Iraq,Afghanistan etc they're really missing out.
It's all about perspective.
Boris got Brexit done but its the only thing the self serving,amoral upper class coont has done, a disgrace as a national leader.
johnson's narcissistic, lying personality and his tendency to agree to everyone has been well known for most of his adult life, yet you still put a cross in his box. Its a bit late to start complaining now.

Do you know this bloke, he sounds the double of you:
Enacting the will of which people though?

...btw, what exactly were those policies you were so, so adamant about? you know, the ones that are holding back our glorious isolationism.
Gaffer, why have a pop at Isaac? He’s just stating that the clown makes rules for everyone and then breaks them all himself. A leader should have morals, something that he and Trump who you always defend are distinctly lacking. He got Brexit done after about 5 years. Hoo fvcking rah, that’s going well and as others have pointed out, was on Putin’s Christmas list so maybe wasn’t such a good idea after all.
"he sways with the wind to appease whichever bunch of crazies are making the most noise"

Oh, the delicious irony.
"The mind boggles."

Yes your mind does tend to boggle
We are on the verge of a World War

...and Boris doing his best to place us number one target for the populist vote. Pretty sure a strike on us would go pretty much unanswered by our allies once the cloud settled.

A large number of the brainwashed population STILL scurry about with ineffectual bits of cloth covering their faces and you are worried about a few parties. The mind boggles.

Agree, not much point in them anymore, but only because they only protect others not yourself, and as those others don't give a shit about protecting you in return, no point at all. If they were ineffectual though, why did flu figures slump to an all time low, and half the country hasn't had a cold for two years.

[/quote]
Pages: 1 2