TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player of the season - so far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just interested to gauge what people think?

Possibly for the first half of the season, that would have gone to Harness, but he has gone off the boil recently. 

Jacobs remains IMO our best player but hasn't played enough to contribute sufficiently for the award.

Raggett has improved hugely. I'd probably give him most improved but he still has his 'what the fuck are you doing' moments, albeit less frequently now.

But for me it has to be Ogilvie. Very solid and has played consistently well in almost every game. Cant remember him dropping any clangers, which can't be said of a lot of his teammates

Hot on his heels is O'brien though. I'll hold my hand up at being less than impressed by his signing. But what a breath of fresh air he has been. If he continues the way he's going, he could well be winning the award come seasons end.
Rags without a doubt.
Raggett for me too.

Morrell second

Ogilvie third

And Thompson would be in there if he had been fit enough to play more games.

But I suspect in years to come this will be remembered as the season we had Gavin Bazanu playing for us. He'd win loan of the year for me at the moment, but I suspect Carter may clinch that before the end of the season.
raggie
too many of our other players cannot play week in week out
Which I guess means Curtis and Harness get in the mix for being fit for selection and mostly being a positive.
Raggett followed by Curtis for me. Curtis may not have scored as many as in previous seasons but his sheer effort and drive is fantastic
Totally agree about Curtis and his attitude, no doubt we'd both better duck
Curtis is a curious one. Regardless of his lack of goals, he just hasn’t performed as well as he can. Can’t fault his effort (apart from against Sunderland) but I judge him by what I know he can do.

Funny how Romeo hasn’t been mentioned. He would probably have been a lot of people’s choice at the start of the season. I don’t think he’s faded, I just reckon other players have improved.

Difficult to spot a flaw in Baz, he is just class.

Hirst has to be the most improved player, for me. His contribution and effort have been a revelation. Started the season as everyone’s whipping boy but I would guess would be most fans solid pick. Terrible finisher (what a goal on Tuesday!) but then so is Curtis, this season.

Has Ogilvie done anything wrong, this season?

Gotta be Raggett, then!
Raggett then Baz. For me no one else in the race. Most haven’t played enough games (Carter and Og for instance). However I fully agree with the above comment about Og.. outstanding and under-used.
Ogilvie is an excellent player who should start every game.
Raggs for me
Rags and Baz for me although Jacobs getting in to the team was the turning point of the season.
Rags by a country mile for me

Solid, consistent and committed performances in an ever changing back line this season … plus important goals
Another vote for Raggers, our man mountain.
Seeing as how our player of the season always leaves after.....better be Baz
(06-03-2022, 01:56 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as how our player of the season always leaves after.....better be Baz

I can't see Raggett going anywhere else.
Agreed Raggett good around display & goals is the icing on the cake. The most skilful award although not played too many games Has to be Jacobs. He can turn a game in an instant. Should have played more often but down to DC & his iPad formation!
Rags definitely.
(06-03-2022, 05:41 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2022, 01:56 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as how our player of the season always leaves after.....better be Baz

I hope you are correct
I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis is playing with a muscle strain at the moment (those sex-pesty shiny white cycle shorts he's been wearing....) his running looks laboured as does his acceleration.  Fleetwood's first goal where he tried to but couldn't stay with Harrison would be evidence of that. 

Raggers has to be player of the season so far. That fall over the barrier on Saturday would have killed any mortal man. Don't know why they sent the physio over. Should have sent a structural engineer to make sure the new concrete was ok.
(07-03-2022, 07:59 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2022, 05:41 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope you are correct

There's a rumour going round that he is off back to Rotherham , but hopefully that is rubbish because it is linked to him selling his house meaning he is off - which has already been explained as meaning nothing of the kind. 

I don't think he would go just be in the championship (assuming they go up) because he looks very happy here but we would have to match any wages being offered.
(06-03-2022, 06:11 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed Raggett good around display & goals is the icing on the cake. The most skilful award although not played too many games Has to be Jacobs. He can turn a game in an instant. Should have played more often but down to DC & his iPad formation!

You eventually got round to seeing a few games then?
Rags cakewalk