TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Rod Marsh and Shane Warne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both gone within a day. Very sad and Warne so young. RIP
(04-03-2022, 05:06 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Both gone within a day. Very sad and Warne so young. RIP

Shock and sadness all over the Cricket world.  R.I.P.
Warne hated (in a nice way) and loved in equal measure. True greats and legends.
(04-03-2022, 05:17 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Warne hated (in a nice way) and loved in equal measure. True greats and legends.

Just followed a link to a twitter feed in which it looks like one of the last things Warne did was tweet about Rod Marsh's death.  Tragic.
I was really shocked when I heard about Warne. Rod is sad but sort of more what you would expect. So many sportsmen die of heart attacks young. Sad.
(04-03-2022, 06:01 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely tragic news. There can't be many sportsmen that decimated England time after time yet still get held  in nothing but the highest regard. Without question the greatest off-spinner that ever played the game and an inspiration to a generation of spin bowlers the world over. A maverick, a pioneer and that rarest of Aussie breeds, a gentleman.

RIP, what a huge loss to cricket.

Agreed there, a fantastic cricketer and very good expert on the TV coverage. One point though, not an off spinner but was the greatest LEG spinner!
I was lucky enough to see him play for Hampshire a few times. Great captain, really inspirational for kids, the way he got the team playing. Live evenings at the Rose Bowl 2020 really got the interested in playing the game! Actually, the kids I took from St Edmund's got to meet him thanks to the wonderful Stan Rudder who worked with us.
(04-03-2022, 06:01 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely tragic news. There can't be many sportsmen that decimated England time after time yet still get held  in nothing but the highest regard. Without question the greatest off-spinner that ever played the game and an inspiration to a generation of spin bowlers the world over. A maverick, a pioneer and that rarest of Aussie breeds, a gentleman.

Agree with all that apart from the bit were you said he was an off spinner. Sorry to be pedantic but Shane Warne bowled leg spin
(05-03-2022, 08:27 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree with all that apart from the bit were you said he was an off spinner. Sorry to be pedantic but Shane Warne bowled leg spin
Bzzzzzz Repetition. Already pointed that out