TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: BAZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a bit worried about Baz and his allergy of getting beaten at the near post. Although vastly different goals -  I am talking also about the third Fleetwood goal in the comeback game - he has been beaten by shots that, given his overall competent game, you would anticipate him saving. 

He is obviously a class act and I can see him going all the way, a couple of quick balls last night were evidence of his lightening quick thinking, and I am sure our 'keeping coaches are addressing the individual areas of his game.

Very much looking forward to watching him win a clean sheet at Portman road. Keep steady as you go Pompey  - one game at time. 

There must be some VERY worried glances in our direction ..... PUP.
As we were 3 Nil up he chose the perfect moment to let one through his legs. I'll swap that for the clean sheet at Ipswich.
Thing about keepers is that they make one mistake and it's a goal. Strikers miss sitters and they are not lambasted as much as keepers. Defenders turn their back on a shot and the ball ends up in the net, it's not mentioned. Give the lad a break, he is a good keeper and we are lucky to have him.
Poor old Basss had a nightmare on Saturday, giving away a dreadfull penalty after a, totally no need for, mad dash along the touchline, to where the penalty area starts, arriving about '30 seconds' after the forward got there
It doesn't really matter which player or which position; they all need genuine competition. Added to that young players can rarely play week in week out, they need a break from time to time. Baz had looked a little below par for a few games now, makes some spectacular saves, distribution down on his best, seems more easily beatable then previously. Of course seeing the trainer on a few times might have something to do with it too.
(09-03-2022, 05:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't really matter which player or which position; they all need genuine competition. Added to that young players can rarely play week in week out, they need a break from time to time. Baz had looked a little below par for a few games now, makes some spectacular saves, distribution down on his best, seems more easily beatable then previously. Of course seeing the trainer on a few times might have something to do with it too.

Calling for the trainer looked very much like a planned tactic to allow a team talk on the touchline, something which is rife in the premiership.   Interestingly Cowley was asked about this and apparently said 'I don't know what you are talking about', and you can almost imagine the wink as he said it. 

Bazanu has made the occasional mistake all season so I think trying to attribute it to Bass not being there is wide of the mark.  He was clearly always going to be first choice above Bass, so no reason why replacing him with another young keeper should have any effect on his form. Either way making Bass more ready to take over next season is clearly more important than leaving him sitting on the bench on the off chance that his presence is having some beneficial effect on Bazanu.
‘Bass is so shit’

‘makes some decent saves but my god the basics he’s very poor’

Just two comments from Bradfords site.
Agree with many sentiments above - for keepers there is no hiding place any error they make can be and more than not, can be significant.

I recall Jamo sometimes going 'walkabouts' and causing much fretting and gnashing of teeth in the FE.

However, the one I still bring to mind is when Knightsie had his 'frozen' moment at Wimbledon and let an easy back pass roll past him into the net, to this day I am still unsure how that happened!

But ALL KEEPERS DO IT and from the very top! None of them remain perpetually perfect.

For this league we have two 'well above average keepers in Baz and Bass.
(10-03-2022, 09:40 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with many sentiments above -  for keepers there is no hiding place any error they make can be and more than not, can be significant.

I recall Jamo sometimes going 'walkabouts' and causing much fretting and gnashing of teeth in the FE.

However, the one I still bring to mind is when Knightsie had his 'frozen' moment at Wimbledon and let an easy back pass roll past him into the net, to this day I am still unsure how that happened!

But ALL KEEPERS DO IT and from the very top! None of them remain perpetually perfect.

Knight didn't freeze , he was doing up his bootlaces so nothing mysterious about how that happened.  

And he has dined out on the story ever since !
Deep - I recall the trainer coming on and Knightsie indicating that leg mobility had "temporarily/somehow" stopped him moving .....

At the local rail station afterwards people were saying he should have gone down!

But whatever, he was an heroic keeper for a very long time after he took over from the gloves from Peter Mellor.
Dodgy back pass from Blakey. It. could at least have hit Knightsie.
(10-03-2022, 11:56 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Deep - I recall the trainer coming on and Knightsie indicating that leg mobility had "temporarily/somehow"  stopped him moving .....

At the local rail station afterwards people were saying he should have gone down!

But whatever, he was an heroic keeper for a very long time after he took over from the gloves from Peter Mellor.

He was bent down doing his laces. Enough of us there to see it.
Ok Lingui - perhaps some of our most recent Refs - home v Fleetwood excluded ....... [and word 'Refs' used in the most frivolous sense] - would have blown up and restarted the game by giving Knightsie a dropped ball !
(10-03-2022, 02:55 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Lingui - perhaps some of our most recent Refs - home v Fleetwood excluded ....... [and word 'Refs' used in the most frivolous sense]  - would have blown up and restarted the game by giving Knightsie a dropped ball !

Why ?   There are no grounds under the rules to stop play just because someone does their laces up.
We’d only just conceded a goal too. It was just from the restart.
(10-03-2022, 10:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 09:40 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with many sentiments above -  for keepers there is no hiding place any error they make can be and more than not, can be significant.

Knight didn't freeze , he was doing up his bootlaces so nothing mysterious about how that happened.  

And he has dined out on the story ever since !

rubbing his shin after Wimbledon added to his rearranged face. Blake did not look and back passed it to the goal rather than to the edge of the 6 yard box, basic error. I was stood right behind the goal not believing my eyes. and yes he was a fantastic keeper who pretty much pulled off a couple of top class saves a game for years.
Sorry fella, he bloody did look back and still passed it.
(10-03-2022, 08:18 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry fella, he bloody did look back and still passed it.

i can't disagree, he might well have looked, whichever it was that was a moment up there with Guy Butters wonderful save at Sunderland
"rubbing his shin after Wimbledon added to his rearranged face"

Two separate games, surely?
https://youtu.be/lWt_jBXNLfo

Whadya know, it's on record!

.......and I'm on camera!!!!!
As I remember this was about 12th game of the season and until this we were unbeaten. Did this finish 3-2 to Wimbledon?
Deep I said that slightly tongue in cheek , and with irony ( you will understand) - and we certainly did lose !
We wuz robbed! Never a foul by Yosser.
Due to illness Baz has withdrawn from Eire's squad for today's game v Belgium
Hes got the rona hasn't he
Pages: 1 2