TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ipswich
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Their next 3 games are us, Oxford A, and Plymouth A
And they seem to be very confident.
They've scored just 8 in 6 games but only conceded once in the same period.
We on the other hand have conceded 7 but scored a massive 19 times!
Without Edmondson, and he is out, their back 3 will come under more pressure. It is whether we can turn around our conceding?
We all know pompey can blow up but we also know we can now play a bit too, and it has to be said, finally with some backbone to us
It's a chance for the players to make ammends for the last head to head. I would expect us to be very up for this game. I'd say ots the pick of this weekends L1 fixtures.

And we all know that means 0-0 lol
very up for the game is good, as long as you can keep eleven on the pitch
I quite fancy this game.

A storming 4-0 win, to revenge what happened at home, would be great.

I’d settle for a narrow win, after a fantastic game between two good sides.
Anyone know how we are doing?
Yeah, we're doing ok.

Couldn't touch the ball for the first 10 but not much in it now.

Chances fairly even. Hirst not really had an opportunity yet but he looks sharp.

Chaplin looks dangerous.
Ipswich exerting a lot of pressure and missed a couple of chances but Pompey building into the game and working hard.

Ipswich have been forced into utilising two subs as a result of injuries whereas Pompey still have all three.

Need to stop Ipswich having as good a first 15 minutes in this half as they did at the start, really stretched Pompey

All to play for
Pedalo nailed it!
In the end a hard fought point but, with the other results today, our playoff chances have not been improved.

Good containing performance but one in which we rarely threatened but,for all their firepower, Ipswich only really tested Baz once, a stronger squad and we might have got the win. The niggling nature of the game boiled over in front of the dugouts and we picked up a couple more yellows (that’s 63 Yellows and 2 Reds thus far this season).

Fantastic support from the travelling fans, and they will doubtless be at Plymouth making the same amount of noise.

Something special now needed at Plymouth who we now trail by 7 points, our best chance lies in overhauling Sunderland and Oxford but beating Plymouth first seems obligatory. We must hope that Sheffield Wednesday falter, they seem better placed to make the playoffs than Pompey at the moment (same number of games, 6 more points and a better GD)
So Pompey are not good enough to beat a good side playing well. Disappointing that Tiunnicliffe wasn't taking the corners, he was jolly good the other day.
If I was an Ipswich fan I’d probably be disappointed that they didn’t beat us.
I can’t see us getting higher than 8th. Plymouth and Sheff Wed need to loose at least 2 games and we win ours
Decent rearguard action and point but probably not enough for either team to mount a play off challenge. Tuesday is win or bust I would think. My concern is that encouragement and momentum taken from recent form is all but lost by the fact that we have to rebuild in the summer as most of our important players are only on loan.
(12-03-2022, 05:34 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]So Pompey are not good enough to beat a good side playing well. Disappointing that Tiunnicliffe wasn't taking the corners, he was jolly good the other day.

Just why billy big Bolloc-s has to take all the free corners and free kicks is beyond me. Everyone didn’t clear the first defender. Tunnicliffe and Ogilvie are far better than Curtis at deadball kicks. Time to sort it out Cowley.
33/1 for promotion now.

I've just lumped on £150!
(12-03-2022, 08:16 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 05:34 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]So Pompey are not good enough to beat a good side playing well. Disappointing that Tiunnicliffe wasn't taking the corners, he was jolly good the other day.

Just why billy big Bolloc-s has to take all the free corners and free kicks is beyond me. Everyone didn’t clear the first defender. Tunnicliffe and Ogilvie are far better than Curtis at deadball kicks. Time to sort it out Cowley.

I’m less and less impressed with Curtis. He did practically nothing that was of any worth today. I highlighted his ineffective performance midweek. If he isn’t scoring then what does he bring. He went after the ref, after one incident where he felt he should have been given a free kick. Meanwhile, a midfield battle was going on that he was oblivious to. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!
It’s probably time for Curtis to move on (and Harness too).

He arrived as an enthusiastic, attack minded and aggressive winger……and most of us loved it.

Over his seasons with, first Jackett, and now Cowley, he hasn’t improved/trained-on and, if anything, has gone backwards.

A move to another club might well give another manager a chance to re-set his game and, maybe, make him the player his early potential suggested he could be.

Pompey get a decent fee and an opportunity to buy somebody else….just like we did with Chaplin !
Curtis was very poor yesterday. I thought we were too negative and we let our midfield get overrun. We barely created anything but we came away with a point.
Fair assessment, Jiz.

However, we coped admirably in defense. A couple of moments but other than that.

We did have a couple of good chances too.
Curtis and O'Brien probably suffering from being knackered, the way they run around every game, Hirst too?. They will probably benefit form a couple of weeks off. Our squad looked the thinnest for a while on the bench so a decent point. Harness making himself unavailable did not help!
Anyone know why Jacobs wasn't available yesterday? In the Snooze Jordan Cross I think said he was fit again & was a Big Bonus.
We looked tired beyond anything yesterday. We've played 3 games a week for last month whilst dealing with injuries and suspensions. Pro athletes or not that will take it's toll on anyone eventually. It's not gonna let up next week either. Another match on Tuesday vs Plymouth and then we go again on Saturday vs Wycombe.

On the plus side we were solid in spite of the above, Ipswich didn't have a single clear chance even with all the crosses and possession they had.
Such a shame that Jacobs was not on the bench - Curtis was, continually, the main disappointment.
He seems to try the trick or spectacular when a simple pass was called for. One such example mid way in their half on the far side touchline he attempted a spectacular trick back heel or something and - anyway lost the ball.
Also we did seem to tire second half and just about survived . However, guess who the happier supporters were on the final whistle - and it wasn't the tractor drivers !
On to Tuesday and beat the bogey beggars ! PUP