TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Clever lines from songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sod all to do with football, it might be interesting. Probably not for Gaff, cause he never reads anything all the way through.  Smile

Just one at a time, per person (That'll show up the likes of Gaffer, too). Let other people have a turn, before you show how amazingly clever you are.

1. 'Poured myself a cup of ambition.'
"Pick up a brochure about the sun.
Learn to ignore what the photographer saw."

Came to mind after watching a CGI video about the proposed regeneration of Havant town centre. 'Yeah, right...' I thought.
Let it be
Not just a great line but also a life lesson for people with spots.
All the lines from "cool for cats"
"You've got the universe reclining in your hair"
"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one"

I prefer wisdom and inspiration to cleverness.
"I get to go home in one week
But I'm leaving home in three weeks
They throw me a bone just to pick me dry"

Summed up my life before the Chinese disease put a stop to international travel.
(11-03-2022, 06:31 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sod all to do with football, it might be interesting. Probably not for Gaff, cause he never reads anything all the way through.  Smile

Just one at a time, per person (That'll show up the likes of Gaffer, too). Let other people have a turn, before you show how amazingly clever you are.

I think you need to pour yourself a cup of something Cunning but it’s not ambition  Smile .

Have fun with your little project.
Go on, have a go, Gaff Wink Heart
....." senior citizens wish they were young" --- not so sure about that sentiment now. ? (Moody Blues)
Cos you said the brains I had went to my head.
(11-03-2022, 09:33 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2022, 06:31 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sod all to do with football, it might be interesting. Probably not for Gaff, cause he never reads anything all the way through.  Smile

I think you need to pour yourself a cup of something Cunning but it’s not ambition  Smile .

Have fun with your little project.

Good, a sanctimony free thread
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
"I know you can walk on water, but can you walk on this much beer".

Mojo Nixon - Are you drinking with me Jesus.
and no religion too
‘By the way, which one’s pink?’
Somewhere in this town
I wonder is there death after life
‘But there’s no danger, it’s a professional career’
Some people might say my life is in a rut but I’m quite happy with what I got
If you don't wanna f*** me baby, baby f*** off.
People say you shouldn't stay down here too long
Lose your sense of light and dark
Lose your sense of smell
(11-03-2022, 03:28 PM)Port_stowe Wrote: [ -> ]People say you shouldn't stay down here too long
Lose your sense of light and dark
Lose your sense of smell

Favourite track from my second-favourite album of my favourite era. Second only to Another Music in a Different Kitchen.
The tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell
Sometimes, when I look deep into your eyes, I swear I can see your soul.
Pages: 1 2 3