TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Play offs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who fancies another trip to Sunderland?
With our record in total of no wins from 8 play off games the last thing we want is to be in the play offs. I guess we will win one one day
Yeh, only because I want to see what ridiculous tactics & team kenny would select.
In the unlikely event that we get promoted, would you really want jacket to get a new contract and carry on as manager knowing he is technically inept.
I was always supportive of jacket but I have really had enough, after a poor start to the season he started to be more attacking, and the style of play improved as well as the results,unfortunately lately his bottle has gone and he has gone back to his old ways.
(30-01-2021, 09:26 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]In the unlikely event that we get promoted, would you really want jacket to get a new contract and carry on as manager knowing he is technically inept.
I was always supportive of jacket but I have really had enough, after a poor start to the season he started to be more attacking, and the style of play improved as well as the results,unfortunately lately his bottle has gone and he has gone back to his old ways.

I want Pompey to try and win every game it plays, putting the fear of God into all teams that come to Fratton Park by playing free flowing,  attacking football. Sure, it's going to go tits up once on a while but at least we'd be entertained. This, unfortunately, is not in KJ's mindset. For the first time in my life as a Pompey fan, and this is hard to say, I would be prepared to spend another season in this league with a different manager than get promoted and suffer another year or two of Jacketball. Let's face it, us in the championship  with Jackett in charge isn't going to be fun.
(30-01-2021, 05:49 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Who fancies another trip to Sunderland?

Could be another trip to Oxford the way they're going...
I’m afraid I have to agree with The Syrup and Jezzer, another year or two of Jackett is a thought too awful to contemplate but I have a suspicion that if we get to the playoffs he will get another contract (Michael Eisner loves the idea of ‘continuity’ apparently).

I’ve been a Pompey Fan and Fratton Park regular since the start of the 1946/7 season and have experienced all the highs and lows since but this is down there amongst the lowest lows.

We are in Division 3 FFS ! We haven’t looked like escaping ! If we don’t get an Automatic, the prospects of success via through the playoffs with Jackett in charge don’t look good IMO.

Get rid of ASAP
Won't be a problem...automatics r us
I fancy Hull and Lincoln for the top 2, I think we are best of the rest - if we turn up. Now Ken has new trains for his train set I reckon he will have the midfield figured out by the end of the season and we will come up 4th again
if we are going into the playoffs we must plan now to avoid finishing 3rd. Lose the next ten games and then make a late run to 6th, its the only way. 
Sad
(31-01-2021, 08:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]if we are going into the playoffs we must plan now to avoid finishing 3rd. Lose the next ten games and then make a late run to 6th, its the only way. 
Sad

The natives would have revolted by then Hammie
(31-01-2021, 08:17 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-01-2021, 05:49 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Who fancies another trip to Sunderland?

Could be another trip to Oxford the way they're going...

Indeed!! They are flying. There are a few contenders that we have poor recent records against..  Donny, Charlton,  and wouldn't fancy Hull or Oxford or Peterbro.. actually we don't do very well against Accrington... maybe it's better just to finish top 2!
Yeh Doncaster v Oxford on Saturday will be a really interesting game. Oxford could be right in & among it in a couple of weeks.