TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on the redeveloped south stand?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should the redevelopment include corporate boxes ,if so where FE ?
(28-03-2022, 02:38 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Should the redevelopment include corporate boxes ,if so where FE ?

In the new North stand hopefully in the near future.

Can't think where else they could put them.
Let's get real, all this talk of building to accommodate 25-30000 is just pie in the sky whilst we have owners who have demonstrated clearly in the last 12 months that they have no ambition whatsoever to see us any higher than League One. They know full well that promotion to the Championship and staying there will be a massive leap cost-wise and for me there's no doubt  that their commitment does not extend that far.
(28-03-2022, 03:25 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]Let's get real, all this talk of building to accommodate 25-30000 is just pie in the sky whilst we have owners who have demonstrated clearly in the last 12 months that they have no ambition whatsoever to see us any higher than League One. They know full well that promotion to the Championship and staying there will be a massive leap cost-wise and for me there's no doubt  that their commitment does not extend that far.

How can it be pie on the sky when they have announced plans to do just that, and made a start on the necessary work ?
(28-03-2022, 02:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-03-2022, 02:38 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Should the redevelopment include corporate boxes ,if so where FE ?

In the new North stand hopefully in the near future.

Can't think where else they could put them.

Couldn’t agree more.  Also the covid vaccine was microchips for bill gates, climate change is a hoax and the earth is flat.
The redeveloped North stand will definitely happen in the near future. I would imagine when we are in the championship in the next few years.
(28-03-2022, 08:15 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]The redeveloped North stand will definitely happen in the near future. I would imagine when we are in the championship in the next few years.

Listening anew to Cullin's latest chat. He specifically discussed a hotel based development for the upper North Stand. That would most definitely include new exec boxes like all the other Stadia Hotel built recently. With the lower north remodeled to allow a new top, I really would not expect it to be very long before we see the next stage announced, pretty soon after the work is finished.
(28-03-2022, 09:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-03-2022, 08:15 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]The redeveloped North stand will definitely happen in the near future. I would imagine when we are in the championship in the next few years.

Listening anew to Cullin's latest chat. He specifically discussed a hotel based development for the upper North Stand. That would most definitely include new exec boxes like all the other Stadia Hotel built recently. With the lower north remodeled to allow a new top, I really would not expect it to be very long before we see the next stage announced, pretty soon after the work is finished.
I certainly hope so Hammie.
(27-03-2022, 08:37 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey remain a much bigger club than either scum or Brighton -  traditionally our capacity was 50% higher than scum's and even allowing for Pompey's relative economic decline, we still have the potential to exceed their capacity by at least 25%........ meaning a 40k Fratton Park should be viable...... eventually!

Of course, it'll take a long time to redevelop FP and the long-term key to reaching 40k surely has to involve turning the ground around by 90 degrees........ and talk of the electricity sub station ruling that ambition out is nonsense...... it'll cost a handful of million to sort out which is peanuts in the overall scheme of things if we take a long-term view!

Yes, we were but Not been for at least 10 years or so. I think we all want to stay at FP long term if we can fully redevelop the ground, parking, improved food outlets, better toilets, corporate entertaining, hotel, etc; But this will take at least another 5 years to have all in place.

Being realistic, I can't see us ever getting up to 40K capacity 30K at most. But need to get back to 20k then 25K asap. So much talk of turning the ground round by 90 Dgs but is this ever likely to happen? I've Not seen or heard anything from the club to say that's their long term aim.
They improved on the 90 degree turn idea and made it 360 degrees. 

All the plans now leave the current configuration, and there never was a compelling case for turning it round. It was just an option, and gained favour because it provided a solution to the Milton End height issue but it was never the only viable option and all the evidence now is that the idea has been discarded.
(29-03-2022, 01:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]They improved on the 90 degree turn idea and made it 360 degrees. 

All the plans now leave the current configuration, and there never was a compelling case for turning it round. It was just an option, and gained favour because it provided a solution to the Milton End height issue but it was never the only viable option and all the evidence now is that the idea has been discarded.

I've heard persistent rumours of the club steadily buying up surrounding properties, including houses behind the Milton End. Maybe true, maybe not. 
Sorting out parking is mentioned above.
I would have thought the long term plan is to use the new expanded park and ride when it is built. If something could be put in place for the Eastern Road arrivals too, that would help greatly. 
There is a clear plan for a better walk route from the station increasing arrivals by train.
Travel by car is clearly going to be discouraged and reduced and not just for football. A very good reason for staying in town rather than building elsewhere. 
Of course an on site hotel would reduce arrivals at kick off by a certain amount too.

I used to sell programmes at the end of Frogmore Road and used to all but clear my bag on the days when double decker buses arrived shuttling direct from the Hard.
It's definitely a forward step; obviously, that's good. 

The overall match day experience should be better but with much the same 'feel' during the game.  

I'm glad we're staying at Fratton and keeping the ground more or less as it is; much better than most recent stadia.

Be great to get up to 27,000-ish.
Pages: 1 2 3