TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Managers Win %
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This makes very interesting reading for all the Stats obsessed fans amongst us:

Every Portsmouth manager ranked by their win percentage | The News
(29-03-2022, 01:23 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]This makes very interesting reading for all the Stats obsessed fans amongst us:

Every Portsmouth manager ranked by their win percentage | The News

For me there are some pictures of the crest and no manager names so I can’t see why the % relates to
It's from 3 years ago, right?
Just proves the old adage, There are lies, damn lies…..and statistics !

Only one truly outstanding Pompey manager since WW2 and that’s Bob Jackson, unmatched success and his teams produced football with style, swagger and excitement.

People talk about our fans being the noisiest in the country, well we were in the ‘40s/early ‘50s. I lived in Copnor and my Mum always knew how many goals we had netted simply because she could hear the thunderous cheers when we scored, in fact the whole City knew.

Only Pompey could have let Bob Jackson leave when we were on the crest of the football wave.

I’m much too old to ever expect to see Pompey back at football’s pinnacle again and, in fact, having been both at Fratton Park in the glory days and at Wembley in ‘66, I think I am privileged to have seen two never-again to be repeated events (I doubt the World Cup will ever return to Wembley and that England would win it even if it did).
Ffs..