TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Accounts published for 20/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(30-03-2022, 04:45 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Tomsk won´t be interested iirc

Huh??  Huh
Yes you can Huh all you want...but a couple of years ago I said I was looking forward to the accounts and they would be interesting.
And you took the piss.
I have a long memory but don't hold grudges  Big Grin Heart
That doesn't sound like me at all, maybe you're mistaking me for that other poster on here called Tumsk(?)
Sage comment Deep - however many of us will recall the less than happy days when all was not thus .

AND Jiz, , our 'blest' owners post Deacon not always providing for ground maintenance and ** 'repairing the roof'

(As above) .. I DO credit the Eisner's , primarily, and importantly not shy of doing the ** work first ...... that is sustainability and assured regard to ( what was) the clubs No. 1 priority.

Certainly not popular in everyone's eyes - but hey ho better than being a Man utd fan spending tens of millions on non - starters !

I, for one, am very happy, I voted for this - Atmosphere, Heritage and Passion at the 'Park not a flat pack choice of colour .... !
(31-03-2022, 01:24 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2022, 12:33 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2022, 12:26 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure gratitude is the right word for what people are saying. 

It's more recognition that they really are putting money into the club proving those who claim they are not to be wrong.  With the accounts this becomes fact rather than opinion. 

Whether that is just their duty as owners is a different debate, but there will not be many owners in the lower leagues putting that sort of money into any club without a penny of debt being loaded on the club.  I think that aspect of their investment deserves some gratitude,  more so than the amounts being put in.

Spot on DB.

Spot on from me too, thus proving my comment was correct!

The comment where you missed the joke and got stroppy?
(31-03-2022, 01:24 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2022, 12:33 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2022, 12:26 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure gratitude is the right word for what people are saying. 

It's more recognition that they really are putting money into the club proving those who claim they are not to be wrong.  With the accounts this becomes fact rather than opinion. 

Whether that is just their duty as owners is a different debate, but there will not be many owners in the lower leagues putting that sort of money into any club without a penny of debt being loaded on the club.  I think that aspect of their investment deserves some gratitude,  more so than the amounts being put in.

Spot on DB.

Spot on from me too, thus proving my comment was correct!

The comment where you missed the joke and got stroppy?
Agreed, of course, that it's very creditable that they have not sought to levy debt against the club. However, let's not lose sight of the fact the owners are in the billionaires category and bought the club at what was undoubtedly an undervalue. I'd still rather have their bank balance and liabilities than mine.
The 'undervalue' was the legal maximum that the club could be sold for. IMO we were lucky to attract such good owners when we were an attractive proposition for any chancer out for a quick buck.  I was surprised Chanrai didn't try to buy back in.
97% of gate money lost, that is seriously scary!
(31-03-2022, 06:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The 'undervalue' was the legal maximum that the club could be sold for. IMO we were lucky to attract such good owners when we were an attractive proposition for any chancer out for a quick buck.  I was surprised Chanrai didn't try to buy back in.

We all know that. Regardless of the legal side, what they got was a bargain.
was a club with a ground with only on stand in reasonable condition ever a bargain?
Pompey are one of the great clubs in English football with a great history of trophies and a great fanbase with massive potential.

We are lucky to have the eisners and they are lucky to get us at such a good price.

Pompey clearly need improvement infrastructure wise but we are still one of the biggest clubs outside of the premiership and we always will be.
They bought a farking great bill.

Bargain?? Give me a break!

Prospective owners were falling over themselves, weren’t they?
(31-03-2022, 09:30 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]They bought a farking great bill.

Bargain?? Give me a break!

Prospective owners were falling over themselves, weren’t they?

We are lucky to have the eisners but they recognised the potential of pfc.

The infrastructure needs improving clearly but Pompey are still a massive club in football league terms.
Meanwhile on the pitch..............we continue to hover between average and just plain merde.
No different to much of the rest of the league then.

We’ve excelled in the past and we will do so once again, one day. Then we’ll be shit again.

Just like most of the rest of the league……….
Yes

Sheffield W
Sunderland
Bolton
Ipswich
Portsmouth
Charlton
Wigan mmm

How the mighty are fallen
add to that list, most of the champ clubs that are teetering on the brink of going down the tube looking at the ridiculous state of football finance and the football laws that allow prem clubs to hoover up all of the young talent.
Hammie right on, although there are some who still believe spending the owners cash on mega stars is the only way to go.

Perhaps a serious study of PETERBOROUGH UNITED's league position at the END of next season might educate that thought !
Pages: 1 2