TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Papa John's 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very surprised that Sutton have outsold Rotherham for this Sunday's final. I know geography plays a part but in terms of club history and regular gates I still would not have expected that. Rotherham have sold just under 13k whilst Sutton just under 14k. Bigger gate though than our last final   Smile
Both are very small club to be fair.

Pompey sold over 50k in the last final which is class before covid hit and restrictions came in. Around 40k we had v sunderland too.

It's a good day out Wembley.
Interesting thought ...with 50k there behind the team would we have played better and maybe won the game. 

And Jackett would not have been sacked ?
(03-04-2022, 10:30 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting thought ...with 50k there behind the team would we have played better and maybe won the game. 

And Jackett would not have been sacked ?

I don't think it would have made much of a difference. The Salford players wanted to win the game more.

Jackett would have gone anyway.
one thing with doing well in cups under Kenny, it gave him a great deal of money to spend on players, shame that his big signings never came really off or we would have probably got up that season when we fell away.