TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bolton away on tuesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone from here going? Should be a good game.

We need a win to keep our slim playoffs hopes alive.

Not been to Bolton before. Travelling up tomorrow and staying 2 nights in the hotel built into the stadium. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully in the near future Pompey will have something similar re hotel built in as it is a good money maker.

I would expect 1000 Pompey to be at this game.
Just scoring a goal would be nice. I don't think we will win but let's hope we can get one!
My mate thinks it'll be 3-0 to Pompey and we'll win every remaining game and narrowly scrape into the play-offs.

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2018.
Lol guys   Big Grin . We can still finish top 6.

I have a feeling it will be a 0 1 win to Pompey.

Hope it doesn't snow as that will ruin the trip.
Looks like a 0-0 draw to me.
(04-04-2022, 06:11 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

Well one thing there can be no moaning from Cowley that the lads are tired as they have had a fortnight off and should be fresh and ready to go. Also no real injuries to worry about. It is most unusual that all 9 teams above us are in good form so we would need to win possibly all off our 8 remaining games and hope 3 teams slip up. Can’t see it happening but you never know as it gets down to the squeaky bum time off the season.
(03-04-2022, 07:32 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]My mate thinks it'll be 3-0 to Pompey and we'll win every remaining game and narrowly scrape into the play-offs.

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2018.

I didn’t know Joe Biden was a Pompey fan.
(04-04-2022, 07:41 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2022, 06:11 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

Well one thing there can be no moaning from Cowley that the lads are tired as they have had a fortnight off and should be fresh and ready to go. Also no real injuries to worry about. It is most unusual that all 9 teams above us are in good form so we would need to win possibly all off our 8 remaining games and hope 3 teams slip up. Can’t see it happening but you never know as it gets down to the squeaky bum time off the season.

The last time we had a break we put in a dreadful performance!
(03-04-2022, 08:23 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Lol guys   Big Grin . We can still finish top 6.

I have a feeling it will be a 0 1 win to Pompey.

Hope it doesn't snow as that will ruin the trip.

My god, you have faith...
Agreed guys. Yes I have faith lol.

I'm at the university of bolton stadium in the hotel room, very impressed and slightly jealous too.

This is a fantastic money maker for Bolton and Pompey have to do something with the North stand similar to this hopefully. Pompey have got a lot of catching up to do with the ground still.
(04-04-2022, 05:27 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed guys. Yes I have faith lol.

I'm at the university of bolton stadium in the hotel room, very impressed and slightly jealous too.

This is a fantastic money maker for Bolton and Pompey have to do something with the North stand similar to this hopefully. Pompey have got a lot of catching up to do with the ground still.

Cullen as much as said the North upper will include a hotel. Seems logical cap'ain
(04-04-2022, 08:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Cullen as much as said the North upper will include a hotel. Seems logical cap'ain

Certainly hope so. Seems the way forward.

Just hope it happens soon. None of this waiting until we are in the championship. Just build it ASAP.
He repeated the often heard line about Portsmouth being seriously short of hotels.
Does anyone have links to the hospitality industry locally and know that to be true. I would imagine we are short of hotels when big events happen such as the great South Run. But is there enough business to keep them solvent year around?

I'm not saying it is not a good facility to have at a ground, but not sure Bolton make any money from it. Isn't it owned by Radisson ?
Last time we went to Bolton we were going to stay there but were advised by our Bolton friends that it wasn't all that, we stayed instead at a lovely place called The Last Drop
I thought Bolton owned the hotel but I could be wrong. It's a earner for someone and at worst the club surely get a cut.

I have found the staff to be absolutely fantastic at the stadium, very helpful towards opposition fans. Spending time to talk about Bolton and Pompey and show around the stadium.

I think a hotel on a redeveloped North stand at Pompey would certainly be used a lot and has to happen. I dont have any statistics but it is quite difficult sometimes to get a room down Pompey in a hotel.

Pompey just need to make it happen.

I can’t say I’m jealous of Bolton, it’s nice to have a hotel attached to the stadium and I have stayed in the one at Bloomfield Road Blackpool. It would be a ‘nice to have’ at Fratton but I’m not sure it would make a great deal of money.

The big mistake Bolton made was to move 6 miles out of Bolton and I’m not sure they’ve ever really recovered from that. A mate of mine is a Bolton fan and I used to go to the old Burnden Park quite often. It had tradition, atmosphere and it was close to the town centre. I think it was a mistake to throw that away and I’m really glad we haven’t done the same thing.

Enjoy your stay though, and I hope we can get the 3 points obviously  Smile .
I think Cullen talked about money to be made from hosting work events/conferences. I guess weddings too.