TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Baz. Important save, first half. 8

Ogilvie. Prefer him at wing back but his usual solid self. 7.5

Robertson. Ok. 7.5

Raggs. A few wobbles but made up for it. 7.5

Carter. Not at fault, IMHO, for penalty. Great going forward. 8

Jacobs. A few moments in first half and then anonymous second. 6.5

Thompson. Solid enough. 7.5

Morrell. Really pissed me off when we were three against two. 7

Harness. Not quite his best but some good moments. 7.5

O'Brien. Great positioning. What a shame he isn't faster. 8

Hirst. Battled and barged his way around. 7.5

Subs.

Williams. Ok 7

Curtis. Great.........and then he took a corner. 7.5

Walker. First time I've seen him look effective. Looked like he was trying and about bloody time! 7.5
Pretty much agree with that, especially I’Brien, exceptional at finding spaces between lines. Jacobs looked slow, kept trying to push the ball past someone and then just lost it. Not sure what Walker did to impress you in those 11 minutes he played as I think he only touched it twice. Seemed to amble around like usual to me. Harness had his best game for a while and nearly won it for us with a great ball to Carter at the death. Baz made two great saves and came out bravely several times. Hirst keeps his head down too much. He’s good at shielding the ball but could have put people in on a couple of occasions but doesn’t look up. Oh well, here’s hoping to next season.
I'd give harness a solid 4 - which for him is quite good. Every time the ball gets to him he has to catch it with his hands because he cannot get the ball to stick to him. And if you allow him any time to think he fecks it up. Running around with no end product does not mean youre great. Genuinely shocked he gets a game. 
Sooner he gets shipped off to juventus the better.

Two under performing  teams played out a fair draw even if their penalty was a soft one.
Harness with another assist on top of being our top scorer this season.
Did you see the game, Lawrence?

Dsmg. I tend to agree about Hirst.

Walker actually came close to having genuine attempts on goal. He also made a very good effort to get back into our own half, to defend, after the ball was lost up front. I'll give credit where it's due.
Fair enough about Walker Cunning, but surely tracking back to help out is the least you can do when you've just come on and the opposition are pressing for a winner. I guess we haven't seen the best of him and somebody else probably will but there was a case in point near the end when instead of doing what Whitt's is always on about, getting in front of your man, he let the defender get in front off him and great chance went begging. In fact I felt we played some really nice one touch passing in that game, perhaps more so than in any other this season, but as so often, the final pass was generally missing. Bit unlucky with the pen though, the guy went looking for it and there was no danger as he was heading away from goal with Raggers covering him. Another commanding display by him by the way. He wins 95% of balls in the air and is nearly always well positioned.
(06-04-2022, 04:28 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see the game, Lawrence?

Walker actually came close to having genuine attempts on goal. He also made a very good effort to get back into our own half, to defend,  after the ball was lost up front. I'll give credit where it's due.

Yes I did (unfortunately). It pains  me to say it but he's an exceptionally  poor player  (as shown by yesterday's  trademark headless chicken stuff and utterly pants crossing.  I'm not saying he's the only reason we are sitting average but was stung by your belief he had a good game.

All about opinions I guess.
He did put our goal on a plate for O’ Brien all on his own and very nearly laid on a winner for Carter right near the end. He’s good for this carp league.
(06-04-2022, 04:57 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2022, 04:28 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see the game, Lawrence?

Walker actually came close to having genuine attempts on goal. He also made a very good effort to get back into our own half, to defend,  after the ball was lost up front. I'll give credit where it's due.

Yes I did (unfortunately). It pains  me to say it but he's an exceptionally  poor player  (as shown by yesterday's  trademark headless chicken stuff and utterly pants crossing.  I'm not saying he's the only reason we are sitting average but was stung by your belief he had a good game.

All about opinions I guess.
I'm confused by your belief that I said Harness had a good game.
(05-04-2022, 09:15 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Curtis. Great.........and then he took a corner. 7.5

Made me laugh