TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 30/30 football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody has too much time on their hands if that's all they can think of.Mind you,I'd vote for a sin bin like Rugby.
4/ 30 minute quarters with unlimited subs.
TTWTG
How many more April fools stories can we find?
Yes great idea, shorten the halves to 30 minutes because the ball is out of play for fifteen minutes. Then after a while people will moan that in those 30 minutes the ball is out of play for 15 minutes.
Why not go the whole way and just decide the match on the coin toss?
Technically, according to the rules of the game, the timekeeper (The ref to you and me) should stop the watch when the ball is dead. That should mean when the ball goes out of play. (free kick, corner, throw-in) In reality "timewasting" is a misnoma because untill the ball is kicked or thrown back into play the ref's watch should be stopped. (Yes I am a qualified ref).
Never happens though does it?
I’d go for no player loans between clubs in the same league.
I'd go for timeouts being banned or at least regulated. Now the players seem to be free to wander off for a drink and a chat with the manager, all it takes is for one of the team to collapse in a heap or sit down in his penalty area.
(07-04-2022, 02:26 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]I’d go for no player loans between clubs in the same league.

I´d go for no player loans at all
(07-04-2022, 03:12 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2022, 02:26 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]I’d go for no player loans between clubs in the same league.

That’s even better - you want to own him, you play him.
(07-04-2022, 04:44 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2022, 03:12 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]

That’s even better - you want to own him, you play him.

spot on, turns us ll into feeder clubs for the mega rich owners and encourages stockpiling players that prevents smaller clubs being able to build a team
I'd go for clock gets stopped for any substitutions made in the last 10 mins of a game - stops running the clock down for last minute substitutions.
the whole thing about time wasting needs a proper look. I was against the reduced time and a timekeeper thing, but having seen how ridiculous it has become (from all sides including us) I would vote for it now. It works well enough in the NFL, maybe even add in time outs as teams do them now anyway! They seem to end up with very exciting ends to games as the clock runs down and teams really go for the win.
(08-04-2022, 08:38 AM)Isley46 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go for clock gets stopped for any substitutions made in the last 10 mins of a game - stops running the clock down for last minute substitutions.

Isley ... the clock is effectively stopped for every substitution already.  30 seconds added for every one done at an time of the game.

Last minute substitutions are more to disrupt the flow of the game than waste time, though admittedly some will try to take more than 30 seconds to make the sub.
I'd go for defenders blocking the ball out for a goalkick being given as obstruction, like it would be anywhere else on the pitch.
Time wasting is just an accepted part of the game now. If you concede a free kick it's standard to toe poke the ball 20 metres away, and nothing is ever done about it. Taking free kicks, goal kicks and corners seems to take an absolute age. That stupid trend of the drinks break. The fans don't pay good money to watch footballers standing around having a chat and a drink.

Of course if a team needs a goal urgently all this bollocks goes out the window and we find they CAN cope with just getting on with the bloody game.
(08-04-2022, 10:56 AM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]Time wasting is just an accepted part of the game now. If you concede a free kick it's standard to toe poke the ball 20 metres away, and nothing is ever done about it. Taking free kicks, goal kicks and corners seems to take an absolute age. That stupid trend of the drinks break. The fans don't pay good money to watch footballers standing around having a chat and a drink.

Of course if a team needs a goal urgently all this bollocks goes out the window and we find they CAN cope with just getting on with the bloody game.

not to mention all hiding behind the goal after you score, anything to prevent the other side getting on with the game.
I've said for a while the ball should be picked up by the ref, walked back to the centre and kick off. If you are still having a love in, tough tit.
(08-04-2022, 10:56 AM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]Time wasting is just an accepted part of the game now. If you concede a free kick it's standard to toe poke the ball 20 metres away, and nothing is ever done about it. Taking free kicks, goal kicks and corners seems to take an absolute age. That stupid trend of the drinks break. The fans don't pay good money to watch footballers standing around having a chat and a drink.

I don't think the drinks breaks counts towards time-wasting. Refs stop the clock for them - but I agree they are frustrating from a viewing perspective and should be limited to very hot days when it is genuinely a matter of heatlh & safety.
Baz's recurrent leg injury should be banned.
(08-04-2022, 10:54 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go for defenders blocking the ball out for a goalkick being given as obstruction, like it would be anywhere else on the pitch.
Absolutely. I have been saying that for years...how is it not obstruction ffs.
Get fans on board to sort things out.
(08-04-2022, 02:06 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2022, 10:54 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go for defenders blocking the ball out for a goalkick being given as obstruction, like it would be anywhere else on the pitch.

I believe obstruction was abolished as an indirect free kick, so now they just get away with it all over the pitch.
(08-04-2022, 04:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe obstruction was abolished as an indirect free kick, so now they just get away with it all over the pitch.

Not so.

Law 12 still states "An indirect free kick is awarded if a player impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made", which is how the obstruction rule has always been worded.

That has always been the case and it hasn't changed.  
I’d get rid of the rule about which side a goal kick can be taken. Was meant to speed up the game but results in endless time lost as the keeper dawdles from one side to the other.
(08-04-2022, 04:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2022, 04:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Not so.

Law 12 still states "An indirect free kick is awarded if a player impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made", which is how the obstruction rule has always been worded.

That has always been the case and it hasn't changed.  

I;m sure in the league they no longer give indirect free kicks, perhaps just for certain offences, but when was the last time you saw a ref raise his arm as a kick was taken?
You should still see the ref raising his arm every time there is an indirect free kick, and none of the offences that lead to an indirect free kick have changed.   

The most noticable time to see the hand raised is when there is an indirect free kick in the box (like when the keeper picks up a back pass for instance).   I suspect some refs don't bother thought when the offence is miles from the goal but they should.
Offside is an indirect free kick, and the ref always has his arm raised for that. Unnecessary as it seems.