TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu

Carter, Raggett, Ogilvie
Romeo, Williams, Tunnicliffe, Harness
Curtis
Walker, O’Brien

Subs:
Webber, Robertson, Morrell, Thompson, Mingi, Jacobs, Hirst
Not pretty
Walker instead of Hirst? No thanks. Surprised to see Williams start too.
I guess he's given up any slim chance of play-offs, giving Walker a chance for next year, and resting players so we can put out the strongest team for Rotherham on Tuesday.
Don't think Walker will be here next year.
(09-04-2022, 01:05 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu

Carter, Raggett, Ogilvie
Romeo, Williams, Tunnicliffe, Harness
Curtis
Walker, O’Brien

Subs:
Webber, Robertson, Morrell, Thompson, Mingi, Jacobs, Hirst

It is 4-4-2 formation Romeo & Ogilvie full backs, Harness and Curtis the wingers who can't cross, to the two up front.
for players who cannot cross, they have a lot of assists. Yes they are frustrating at times, but thats why they are in the 3rd tier perhaps?
(09-04-2022, 01:33 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think Walker will be here next year.

Thankfully we can’t afford his wages, if we could DC would snap him up, exactly his sort of player.
on the bright side, Stains are two down already!
Three!
(09-04-2022, 02:24 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Three!

Looks like there's a fire drill taking place.
(09-04-2022, 02:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]for players who cannot cross, they have a lot of assists. Yes they are frustrating at times, but thats why they are in the 3rd tier perhaps?

Perhaps so, but the fact they are never seen practicing to try and improve their awful crossing abilities every day after normal training is more telling.
What a load of dross. Every single Pompey fan can see that Walker should not be in the team. He gives the ball away, they break forward and score. FFS
He is rapidly becoming my pick for playing up front in my worst ever Pompey side.
Are we seriously going to let Cowley spend next seasons transfer budget? Get rid now instead of January.
I know it’s an end of season game but there doesn’t seem to be much pride in this bunch. Doesn’t thrill me for forking out for a season ticket soon!!!
Totally inept display today with other teams dropping points.

Taxi for the Cowleys.
They don't seem to want to play for the manager to me. They should really be a playoff team if set up properly and putting in a shift every game.
(09-04-2022, 03:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]They don't seem to want to play for the manager to me. They should really be a playoff team if set up properly and putting in a shift every game.

They never have, remember the end of last season? It seems at this level they just don’t get any respect and rightly so. They are out of their depth. How did he not get the team up for the game against Accrington last season? How hard can it be?
(09-04-2022, 04:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2022, 03:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]They don't seem to want to play for the manager to me. They should really be a playoff team if set up properly and putting in a shift every game.

They never have, remember the end of last season? It seems at this level they just don’t get any respect and rightly so. They are out of their depth. How did he not get the team up for the game against Accrington last season? How hard can it be?

We made the trip to MK and watched the team fold up in the second half (for the second time in a week), from that moment I've felt he is not up to the job. He knows it to, as shown by the constant fiddling, changing and playing players who are not trying in place of players who are at the top of their form. How is it that players used to play week in week out but now, with all the extra fitness diet etc etc, they cannot?
(09-04-2022, 04:24 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2022, 04:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

We made the trip to MK and watched the team fold up in the second half (for the second time in a week), from that moment I've felt he is not up to the job. He knows it to, as shown by the constant fiddling, changing and playing players who are not trying in place of players who are at the top of their form. How is it that players used to play week in week out but now, with all the extra fitness diet etc etc, they cannot?

He’s never been up to the job, never should have been appointed. He’s L2 at best.