TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey score!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jacobs has scored
Good build up and well taken goal
and pretty well deserved.
(02-02-2021, 07:48 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and pretty well deserved.

I think we are just shading it so far.
Stats say 12 shots to their 2
(02-02-2021, 07:59 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Stats say 12 shots to their 2

1-1 now wiliams off, Harness on
(02-02-2021, 08:12 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]

Great goal from Naylor 1-2 tp pompey.
(02-02-2021, 08:15 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2021, 08:12 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]

Great goal from Naylor 1-2 tp pompey.

Well done Andy Cannon   1-3
Merson just predicted Man Utd getting a cricket score tonight, mumbling something about a Leicester 9-0 ( Huh   Big Grin ). Meanwhile we're 3-1 up. Tonight's shaping up quite well.
We are 3-1 up, Scum are 3-0 down, I must admit I have had far worst night than this. Big Grin
Great Result! Started with 2 upfront. Let's go on an unbeaten run now.
Great performance. Didn't ever really feel that they were really in it, even when they scored.

Even Bolton looked decent.
(02-02-2021, 08:49 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Merson just predicted Man Utd getting a cricket score tonight, mumbling something about a Leicester 9-0 ( Huh   Big Grin ). Meanwhile we're 3-1 up. Tonight's shaping up quite well.

You heard it here first! Always thought Merse was slightly psychic. Or was it psycho...can't remember. But he couldn't have been more spot on tonight Big Grin
A great night to be a Pompey fan
Where’s Grumps when you want him?
Our two strikers didn't seem to do much,in fact watching the highlights on Sky Marquis looks anything like a striker. 3-1 up would've been a good time to give the basically untried Hiwula a run out,surely couldn't do worse than Marquis or the inept Harrison.
Other than that a great win and 3 more points, and the scum getting hammered and 2 sent off. A great Tuesday nights work all in all.
A good evening all round - Pompey win, scummers lose and there appeared to be no knee taking either!
(02-02-2021, 11:01 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]A good evening all round - Pompey win, scummers lose and there appeared to be no knee taking either!

That sums it all up nicely PID.
(02-02-2021, 10:50 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Our two strikers didn't seem to do much

How can you tell from a 1:48 minute clip?
2 misses from Marquis and no mention of Harrison,however, obviously didn't base my comments on just that clip but also the radio commentary.
(03-02-2021, 12:11 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]2 misses from Marquis and no mention of Harrison,however, obviously didn't base my comments on just that clip but also the radio commentary.

There are some that have been crying out for Jackett to play Marquis and Harrison together up front. Last night he did and we won 3-1 away at Charlton. There's just no pleasing some people.

Strikers do a great deal more than just score goals.
It’s true. They run their socks off, harrying the defence. It’s true I’d like to see them score more but they make things happen (sometimes!) and allow the midfielders to get further forward and create more shooting chances for them. I really hope Jackett ditches one up front.
The problem with Marquis in the false nine is that he isn't clinical enough, can't travel with the ball and his first touch is dreadful.

He drags players out of position by coming deep to create the margin but defenders know if they keep him out of the six yard box, give him no space and give him no time, more often than not, he will miss.

At Donny, he had a lump to play off for second balls and Coppinger did his running for him.

Jackett needs to play Harrison up with him and have some of the new midfield loanees travel with the ball if he wants to unlock Marquis.
(02-02-2021, 11:19 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2021, 10:50 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Our two strikers didn't seem to do much

How can you tell from a 1:48 minute clip?

The 1.48 minute highlight did include that Jacobs pass though... woof!!  Shame Marques completely botched the finish.
One negative note on a good night - our striking partnership of Marquis and Harrison were poor . Harrison looked clumsy, often losing possession, and missed an absolute sitter with only the keeper to beat and Marquis had a couple of half chances which he squandered. Luckily the midfield trio were magnificent and came up with all three goals.
Pages: 1 2