TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Players given up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks that way.No promotion or relegation. Some will be leaving in the summer, others going ack to their clubs. Poor season again.
Going backwards.
Surely you have to start in order to give up?
Too much techy play and not enough heart.
How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired.
(10-04-2022, 07:25 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired.

He wouldn’t tolerate lack of effort and ‘going through the motions’ that’s for sure.

Walker wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up for a start and he would put a rocket up Harness’ backside too.

The Cowleys are into ‘sport science’ rather than passion, you need a mixture of both and the game can not be played on a laptop.

Five changes again yesterday says it all. You need a settled side in order to get some consistency, only teams like Citeh, who have world class players throughout the squad, can get away with chopping and changing all the time.

A decent manager knows his best eleven and plays them, unless forced to change by injury or loss of form. 

Please, please, please give us a decent manager.
(10-04-2022, 08:59 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2022, 07:25 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired.

He wouldn’t tolerate lack of effort and ‘going through the motions’ that’s for sure.

Walker wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up for a start and he would put a rocket up Harness’ backside too.

The Cowleys are into ‘sport science’ rather than passion, you need a mixture of both and the game can not be played on a laptop.

Five changes again yesterday says it all. You need a settled side in order to get some consistency, only teams like Citeh, who have world class players throughout the squad, can get away with chopping and changing all the time.

A decent manager knows his best eleven and plays them, unless forced to change by injury or loss of form. 

Please, please, please give us a decent manager.
Absolutely spot on. Before yesterday we had 7 games left, just come off a decent performance at Bolton and Cowley feels he can make 5 changes because we have a tough game against Rotherham on Tuesday. Personally I would have stuck with the same team to get a morel boosting win at a below mid-table team going into the Rotherham. All this rubbish about how many games we have in a short time, they just have had 2 weeks off.
I was really hopeful that after the boring football under Jackett the Cowley’s would be a bit of fresh air but sadly not. After 56yrs of following Pompey home and away it is getting harder and harder to justify another season ticket.
(10-04-2022, 07:25 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired

We'd be a nice little retirement job. That or B&Q.
Far too much reliance on the results from the sports bra thing. We have some decent players but are not getting anything like the best from them.