TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Next Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who would you like?.
Me depending on route we wish to take, are we going to spend any money or are we going to try and build a team on the cheap?. 

Money
Darren Ferguson

Cheap
John Coleman

Or left field Two no nonsense Managers
Roy Keane
Paolo di Canio

They would not stand for the players Giving up, maybe get some passion into our lacklustre squad.

Please no more P.E teachers.
Interesting but I've never heard of Proxima Nova nor Nimbus Sans, who do they manage?

And as for Darren Ferguson, er.... no!
(10-04-2022, 11:20 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting but I've never heard of Proxima Nova nor Nimbus Sans, who do they manage?

And as for Darren Ferguson, er.... no!
Who would be your pick?.
Darren Moore
Darren Ferguson would be the best prick
(10-04-2022, 11:19 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Who would you like?.
Me depending on route we wish to take, are we going to spend any money or are we going to try and build a team on the cheap?. 

Money
Darren Ferguson

Cheap
John Coleman

Or left field Two no nonsense Managers
Roy Keane
Paolo di Canio

They would not stand for the players Giving up, maybe get some passion into our lacklustre squad.

Please no more P.E teachers.

Roy Keane?!? Lol
We are stuck with the Cowleys.
Is Harry available? Big Grin
(10-04-2022, 11:24 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2022, 11:20 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting but I've never heard of Proxima Nova nor Nimbus Sans, who do they manage?
Who would be your pick?.

Arnold Böcklin, would be my pick. Traditional european style but with a little unique flair. (one for Deebs)
Agree with Blue Army. No way the Eisners will give the Cowleys the boot at the moment.

They’ll be quite happy to spend a bit more time in League 1 as a debt free club as they do up the ground and the training facilities. The tipping point will come when they think they’re not getting value for money from Danny. More likely to be towards the end of his contract when compo is minimal.

Deebo

(10-04-2022, 12:42 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]
Who would be your pick?.

Arnold Böcklin, would be my pick. Traditional european style but with a little unique flair. (one for Deebs)

It has to be good old Bill Caslon for me. Classically free flowing English style, bags of experience and been around for ages.
(10-04-2022, 01:11 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2022, 12:42 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]
Who would be your pick?.

It has to be good old Bill Caslon for me. Classically free flowing English style, bags of experience and been around for ages.

Heavy on the Dutch baroque.

Deebo

With Antique Olive as his No 2. Getting on a bit but the game needs more women.
I quite fancy that Gil Sans. She’s my type.
If he would come Harry.
(10-04-2022, 01:16 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]With Antique Olive as his No 2. Getting on a bit but the game needs more women.

Very good.
Agree that the Cowley’s are safe as houses……..but what happens if Season sales are a couple of thou or more down ? What to do ? Just cut the playing budget to match the loss of revenue ? The Law of diminishing returns will likely apply.

Alternatively, try to boost sales of Seasons, maybe splash some cash on new players or just change the Manager (by far and away the cheaper of the two options).

Eisner needs to take a hard look at the pattern of ST sales, once people get out of the ST habit they are slow to come back.
Is there any evidence that the Cowleys can improve the youngsters that we are planning to bring in and develop?
Have Baz, Hirst, Wlaker developed?
Or the young players we have signed who have disappeared?
We do seem very good at getting them injured. Maybe a result of this insistence on high press.
Whatever happened to Vincent? He can’t still be injured surely?
Harry's teams tended to over achieve based on very little training (according to some) lots of five a sides. Cowley's squad to me are underachieving based on a great deal of technical training including a lot of injuries away from games.
(10-04-2022, 09:16 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any evidence that the Cowleys can improve the youngsters that we are planning to bring in and develop?
We do seem very good at getting them injured. Maybe a result of this insistence on high press.

Miguel Azeez, can’t see Arsenal sending DC any players again. Mismanaged from the start and a complete waste of money.
If Michael Eisner has his eye on the ball he'd realise that Danny Cowley has not improved a single player in his time here and has wasted his budget without increasing the value of anyone. That alone should be enough for him to sack the useless twat!
Is there any evidence that Michael Eisner knows anything at all about football?

I'd say he probably relies entirely on what Cullen tells him. So he's the man that weilds the power really.
(12-04-2022, 11:12 AM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any evidence that Michael Eisner knows anything at all about football?

I'd say he probably relies entirely on what Cullen tells him. So he's the man that weilds the power really.

seemed to do a decent job at MK, not sure how long he was there, but there on pitch set up seems a model we could copy while their off field food etc is streets ahead of ours.
(10-04-2022, 09:16 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any evidence that the Cowleys can improve the youngsters that we are planning to bring in and develop?

I don't understand how anyone can possibly think Hirst has not developed through the season ?  The evidence is there right in front of your eyes.  Bazanu & Carter too have both been successful young loans whose host clubs will be delighted at the development in their game whilst under the Cowleys.   

The only young loan that did not develop here was Azeez, and that was more due to lots of competition in his position, but I dont think anyone can criticise DC for taking a player like him with his profile on loan - he could equally have been sensation if he had been ready for Lge 1 football, which he clearly wasn't. 

Other loans like Romeo & Walker are old experienced players where development is not an issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4