TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for Rotherham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bazunu
Carter Raggett Ogilvie
Romeo Thompson Morrell Jacobs
Harness Hirst Curtis
It should be:

Bass
Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Thompson Morrell Tunnicliff Curtis
Harness O'brien Jacobs

Right side looks shite doesn't it...
woudn't it be nice to see us actually drop players who don't perform and bring in any youngsters we might have. Might take me right back to seeing Rooster get a game and look amazing.
I think it will be 

Bazanu
Carter Raggett Robertson Ogilvie 
         Morrell  Thompson 
Harness     Jacobs     O'Brien
                 Hirst
How about:

Bazanu
Carter Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Morrell Thompson Curtis
Jacobs
Hirst O'Brien

His ipad won't allow him to play both Jacobs & Harness together!
(12-04-2022, 03:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]How about:

Bazanu
Carter  Raggett  Robertson  Ogilvie
Morrell  Thompson  Curtis
            Jacobs
          Hirst O'Brien

They played together last Tuesday.
The starting eleven will show minimum of 3 changes from previous one and whatever system we used for Cheltenham will be different to tonight’s. Having paid money for Hume because Brown couldn’t play as a wing back we never see him... is he terrible or what?
(12-04-2022, 05:00 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]The starting eleven will show minimum of 3 changes from previous one and whatever system we used for Cheltenham will be different to tonight’s. Having paid money for Hume because Brown couldn’t play as a wing back we never see him... is he terrible or what?

DC claims we have bought him as one of our young development players - needs work on the defensive part of his game.
(12-04-2022, 06:01 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:00 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]The starting eleven will show minimum of 3 changes from previous one and whatever system we used for Cheltenham will be different to tonight’s. Having paid money for Hume because Brown couldn’t play as a wing back we never see him... is he terrible or what?

DC claims we have bought him as one of our young development players - needs work on the defensive part of his game.

When’s he claimed that?! He didn’t when we bought him, he went straight in to the team
(12-04-2022, 04:41 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 03:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]How about:

Bazanu
Carter  Raggett  Robertson  Ogilvie
Morrell  Thompson  Curtis
            Jacobs
          Hirst O'Brien

They played together last Tuesday.

Did they? Missed that not against Cheltenham on Saturday. 

Looks like the're both playing tonight which contradicts what he's stated:

"Both players play in the same position so it's one or the other".
Why not put Webber in goal..at least he is ours and surely he could do with a game or 2
ground looks very sparse
(12-04-2022, 06:36 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]ground looks very sparse

Nothing to play for in most eyes but should be playing for pride after last Saturday.
I'd be complaining that the ref is wearing same colour shorts and socks as the away team, should always be different. If you are watching the ball you only see the lower half of each otehr from the corners of your eyes.
Decent delivery from Jacobs, decent header from Robertson, Pompey 1 up !
Doing ok so far. But not sure Morrell is physical enough to cope against Rotherham

Deebo

Wonderful goal. that was worth me tenner alone.
(12-04-2022, 06:04 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 06:01 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

When’s he claimed that?! He didn’t when we bought him, he went straight in to the team

Article in the Snooze 9th April
Run at good pace by Hirst with a precise pass to Harness and it’s 2-0.

Opportune time to score, Rotherham had just begun to realise there was a game being played….and one that they have to win
I've criticised Baz for not enough of that (one of the reasons we signed him?) so fantastic. I don't think we've passed enough to Hirst but although he has not shot particularly well, I think both of our goals have started with a pass to him.
3-0 ! Chaotic defending by Rotherham but Hirst took the chance beautifully
damn quiet on here, we must have won
I saw the first half last night on follow (without any sound which was weird) and I thought we were the better side. Missed the 2nd half as I went out. For me this makes me more certain that we have the wrong management team because they clearly can't decide which their best team is. They seem scared to play some players 2 games in a row because games are coming "thick and fast". Basically they overthink everything. We need a motivational, attack minded manager, not this pair of technical halfwits.
(13-04-2022, 08:42 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the first half last night on follow (without any sound which was weird) and I thought we were the better side. Missed the 2nd half as I went out. For me this makes me more certain that we have the wrong management team because they clearly can't decide which their best team is. They seem scared to play some players 2 games in a row because games are coming "thick and fast". Basically they overthink everything. We need a motivational, attack minded manager, not this pair of technical halfwits.

At the end of the day, we just don't have a big enough squad to absorb the injuries/tiredness/form so he's resorting to resting players and trying (unsuccessfully) to avoid injuries.

Having said that, you missed a cracking second half. It's been a long time since i've since Pompey respond well to being kicked off the park, which was basically Rotherham's entire game plan. Even Harness made an effort - even if he still can't cross the ball. Cowley and the Eisner's now has a month's head start in preparation for the new season. Let's hope they use the time constructively to build a decent sized football team - rather than one cobbled together the week before season kicks off.

It's also very naughty that Pompey are the only team playing 48 hours after this game at Easter. Even Cowley himself looks tired.
This game exposes what I've suspected for a long time....that our main problem this season has been a sloppy attitude from the players which reflects on the woolly management team we have here. I see Hirst is crowing today about 'proving a point' to Rotherham. Robertson is another who might have felt he had an axe to grind with his former employers. And for some of the others, taking down a side that led the table for so long might have just whetted their appetites a little more. It seems that they think other games like Cheltenham away are just wasting their time.

So that is why I not celebrating this emphatic win. Because it speaks loudly about what might have been if only we had management who spent more time face-to-face with these pretenders and cheats instead of burying their noses in their iPads and thesaurus soundbites.
Pages: 1 2