TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Partygate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
He's got to go,surely?
They both have. They could both face recall elections if they don't. Getting 10 percent for either of them will be a piece of piss
Both have the complete confidence of the towering intellect that is Nadine Dorries. She's from Liverpool you know. How embarrassing is THAT?!?
I think we should all take the advice of Jacob Rees-Mogg. Let's just move on and get on with our little lives without bothering the important people. After all, Diane Abbott drank a can of mojito on the tube.
UK (and Western) politics is so deeply and profoundly corrupt I doubt either will go; I hope I am wrong. 

However, does it really matter whether they resign or not (i.e. are they 2 'bad apples' in an otherwise decent system or is the system simply corrupt)?

Who would take their place? A more sophisticated version of Johnson, but no real change, or the even more right wing and authoritarian Starmer and his Red neo-liberalists, again, with no real change?

My thinking is that whether these 2 individuals stay or go the global neo-liberal system remains, and the powerful groupings and individuals that run it, remain the same. Whether we vote Blue, Red or Yellow we're basically voting for the same thing. 

If people really want change then they need to be radical in their voting and spending.
Corbyn has been the only leader to promote a shift towards a more radical politics, and looked what happened to him - villified by the shareholding estate and made out to be some marxist bogeyman. By the politics of the 60s and 70s it wasn't even that radical, even if he'd been allowed to implement every change he wanted it would still have been more right of centre than when Thatcher won her first election. Renationalising essential utilities and public transport, hardly the stuff of marxist terror.

But saying there's just two bad apples in a massive understatement. Seems like the majority of tory mps could be siloed under any, or many, of the following deviations: fraudulent, tax avoider, tax evader, paid lobbyist, sexual predator, paedophile, domestic abuser, drug abuser, shameless scrounger, liar and unrepentant apologist for all the previous. I'm not saying other political parties don't have their own problem mps, because they obviously do, but they are absolutely nowhere near as concentrated as in the cesspit of conservative politics.
(13-04-2022, 10:27 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Corbyn has been the only leader to promote a shift towards a more radical politics, and looked what happened to him - villified by the shareholding estate and made out to be some marxist bogeyman. By the politics of the 60s and 70s it wasn't even that radical, even if he'd been allowed to implement every change he wanted it would still have been more right of centre than when Thatcher won her first election. Renationalising essential utilities and public transport, hardly the stuff of marxist terror.

But saying there's just two bad apples in a massive understatement. Seems like the majority of tory mps could be siloed under any, or many, of the following deviations: fraudulent, tax avoider, tax evader, paid lobbyist, sexual predator, paedophile, domestic abuser, drug abuser, shameless scrounger, liar and unrepentant apologist for all the previous. I'm not saying other political parties don't have their own problem mps, because they obviously do, but they are absolutely nowhere near as concentrated as in the cesspit of conservative politics.

They are pretty much all dodgy Tufnell, your precious Labour Party doesn’t bear close inspection either.

Try not to be so partisan and your arguments might carry some weight.

The day some of our MPs put the good of the country before loyalty to party is the day we might start getting good governance.

I see no sign of that at the moment though.

As far as breaking the rules that they imposed on the rest of us goes, that is obviously unacceptable and the people concerned must fall on their swords. I didn’t agree with the rules but they imposed them so they should have followed them, end of story.
"Try not to be so partisan and your arguments might carry some weight."

Hmmm, "I'm not saying other political parties don't have their own problem mps, because they obviously do"

Try doing a list Guff and see which way the weighting goes.
(12-04-2022, 10:20 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]He's got to go,surely?

He won't go because the offence is basically him thinking he is above the law, so he'll also think he is above the rules and conventions that say he has to resign.  He has no moral compass and the only thing that will get him out is the tory backbenchers turning on him and they are mostly as corrupt and self-centred as he is and the minority of decent ones will not change enough minds.

The fact that Rishi is no longer a viable candidate to replace him will help save him too. The idea that the likes of Raab, Gove or Truss might become prime minister will stop many backbenchers making a move against him.
They would bring back Teresa
Truss: Backpfeifengesicht.
(13-04-2022, 01:31 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]They would bring back Teresa

johnson purged the party of most of the sensibles back before the last election. There’s a few left, but meatheads like Andrew Bridgen or the little rapey guy seem to be the norm. Steve Baker probably fantasises about it, but he may not even survive the next general election.
Michael "do you think my hair is as nice as Boris's?" Fabricoont has just come out with some interesting Party gate comments as well.
If Corbyn would have become PM, within he's term of office, the whole of the Uk would have started to look like Luton.

No Thanks.

That's the one good thing about Pompey, still full of family's who have lived here for years.
^ I take it that its QAnon and the Alex Jones types that are turning you into a fooking nazi. And I'm being generous.
Nazi? Please explain.
I know this may sound radical to you, but I believe all people should have there own home lands.

When most English people move to say Spain, most choose to live together with other English people. Because there is a deep rooted bond with your own people. They are your tribe, and its about time we stopped hating our self, and be proud of our Country.

I am a proud English man & a proud Islander.

But when English people move to Spain they don't turn the area into no go zones, unlike some places in the UK.
It sure as hell doesn’t sound radical, at best it sounds nieve.
(13-04-2022, 06:42 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this may sound radical to you, but I believe all people should have there own home lands.

When most English people move to say Spain, most choose to live together with other English people. Because there is a deep rooted bond with your own people. They are your tribe, and its about time we stopped hating our self, and be proud of our Country.

But when English people move to Spain they don't turn the area into no go zones, unlike some places in the UK.

Just so you know; many English people have a different skin colour to you and a different religion too.

I am proud to be English alongside those people, however I think you should carry on with the self-hate because you are an idiot.
essentialmix75 Wrote:I know this may sound radical to you, but I believe all people should have there own home lands.

Nazi it is then.

Just when I thought you couldn't be more of an utter cock you bring more gifts!

Utter, utter fuckwit!!
Did I say anything about 'Skin Colour'?.
The same people who hate people being proud of being English are happy flying a Ukraine flag. Eyes Roll
Instead of pussy footing around, how about you add real meat to the bones of your argument. Then you can be accurately judged sunshine.
The only thing that really divides this country is religion. England is a Christian country and we are flooding the country with 'some' very extreme religious individuals, that hate us and our country, and some of our own people are pushing this self hate. And others are just staying silent and just letting it happen.
Bingo!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8