TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Weird stat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a weird thing. Win our remaining 5 games (not beyond the realms of possibility as we seem to be a "streak" team at the moment), we would end up with 78 points. Enough to finish in the play-offs in each of the last 7 seasons. Not this year with Sunderland in 6th on 73 already. Not sure what this proves except it suggests that maybe we are not quite as bad as it feels when we are on one of those bad streaks like we have just been on.
One way to measure the season is to compare it to Kennys first season and also last season. Kennys first season he got 66 points. We are on course to beat that, so that's something.

Last season we got 72. I doubt we will beat that.
suggests the league is splitting with some weaker and some stronger teams. How do the points needed to avoid relegation compare ??
(13-04-2022, 04:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]suggests the league is splitting with some weaker and some stronger teams. How do the points needed to avoid relegation compare ??

A fair question - normally need over 50 points to be safe, this season 46 should do it
(13-04-2022, 04:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]suggests the league is splitting with some weaker and some stronger teams. How do the points needed to avoid relegation compare ??

Interesting question, I hope someone can post the info.....

There's several big clubs for League 1 competing against several other clubs who, traditionally, were not big enough for this League. It's an interesting  and competitive Division. 

For me, League 1 is getting a bit like a poor man's Championship (or maybe I'm just getting used to 'being here').
Thinking back to when I was first able to go regularly. We were in the third tier. I seem to recall Brum, Sheff Utd, Preston, Blackburn, Sheff Weds, Wolves, Brighton, Charlton, Oxford
all being regular opponents in the 3rd or later in the 2nd tier.
Add in Aston Villa, Man Utd, Leeds, Spurs (I think) all dropping down at various times.
So its not a brand new thing really.
add in Cardiff, Chelsea, Man City.... all regular opponents
So putting a positive spin on things, Danny has equalled Kennys points total in his first full season: 66

72 should be the next target.
(14-04-2022, 10:01 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking back to when I was first able to go regularly. We were in the third tier. I seem to recall Brum, Sheff Utd, Preston, Blackburn, Sheff Weds, Wolves, Brighton, Charlton, Oxford
all being regular opponents in the 3rd or later in the 2nd tier.
Add in Aston Villa, Man Utd, Leeds, Spurs (I think) all dropping down at various times.
So its not a brand new thing really.
add in Cardiff, Chelsea, Man City.... all regular opponents

Yes Hammie Man U and Spurs were both relegated for one season each in the mid 70s. I remember the Legend Dennis Law scoring the goal for City which relegated Man Utd, he wasnt a happy chappy
I recall film of Law scoring and refusing to celebrate, shake hands or anything.