TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morecambe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They had a decent result against a mid-table side on Friday. Will they be able to do likewise against Pompey? Will Tyler Walker get another run out? This must be his last chance before the end of the season.
And will our esteemed manager find a reason to moan before and another, after the game?
How many of the starting XI will be here next season? Will the game be a complete waste of time?
It still matters to Morecambe.
At least with kenny ,we always had something to play for right up to the end
Morecambe have the worst defensive record in the division having conceded 84 goals, they also have the divisions current top goal scorer, Cole Stockton with 23 goals, they are also far from safe from falling through the trapdoor into League 2 and scrapping out a win must be the order of the day for them.

For Pompey, it’s keeping the winning run going and showing the doubters that they are better than is believed.

For the individual players, it’s a shop- window, it’s a game where 50/50 tackles may not be attractive (a serious injury in a non-event game isn’t an attractive proposition), it may even prove to be a rare (or even a first start) in the First Team for a fringe player.

For Cowley it’s about convincing Eisner to keep the faith with him (given the history Jacketts tenure, that shouldn’t be difficult).

For Morecambe - everything to play for !

For  Pompey - maybe just an end-of-term affair but against a side with a gaping door where the oppositions defence should be

Should make for an entertaining game !

Deebo

0-0 then.
I won’t be watching, nice sunny day, new set of irons (old man’s easy- to-hit Cleveland’s) and a teenage grandson itching to give me a stuffing so I’m off to the golf course.

I hope that all those watching or attending will have an enjoyable game to watch.

I hope Deebo is wrong in his tongue in cheek suggestion of a 0-0, think there will goals in the game and actually hope the ‘Cole the goal’ Stockton scores one of his specials (and he has scored some spectacular goals), maybe his goal comes in a 5-1 defeat of Morecambe.
Having seen the team and bench, it’s clear that, with the exception of Mingi, none of our aspiring youngsters is going to get a look in today.
It's been fairly dull so far. Morecambe should be 2 up.
We're gonna miss Baz next season
We're gonna miss Raggs next season
We're gonna miss Jacobs next season

Deebo

Raggedtino to Barca — 5m euros and not a pesos less.
(18-04-2022, 02:48 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Raggedtino to Barca — 5m euros and not a pesos less.

That's just silly
of course if they pay us in pesos then we are getting nothing! Euros is better methinks
Scrappy, scruffy game with Pompey struggling to find any cohesion with misplaced passing and lack of ball control. Bazunu to the rescue with two astonishing saves  (boy will we miss him next season). Well-taken goal by Raggett vollleying into the goal from a couple of yards out
Never mind we will have Bassuno
and Webbuno
off topic but congrats to Gareth Evans playing his 600th game today. Legend.

Deebo

(18-04-2022, 02:51 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]of course if they pay us in pesos then we are getting nothing! Euros is better methinks

Roubles then.  Big Grin
We're gonna miss Carter next season
5 minutes to go and Westwoods bell is heard
do we concede equalisers at morecambe every time we play there? it feels like it... remember their keeper getting one.
Fucking Bazuno smile
He should have punched it f.f.s.
Pages: 1 2