TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Where without Bazanu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reckon the opposition would have been out of sight yesterday without the quality of Bazanu....not for the first time this season. Which has set me wondering where we might be in the table without him. I rate Bass highly but reckon we would be be 8-12 points worse off if he had played instead of Baz. Not a criticism of Bass but perhaps a damning indictment of actually how poor this side have been.
Hard to judge but certainly mid table, maybe looking over our shoulders.
Cowley created a rod for his own back when he decided he wanted to develop a player for Man City instead of Pompey.

Bazunu isn't God. He made some howlers in the early season, which people seem to have forgotten.
Give Bass a chance.
(19-04-2022, 01:03 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Give Bass a chance.

Can't do that. Moan about not giving our youngsters a chance in one breath then worry about what might happen if we do. 
Worrying attitude actually, its driven at east one young player away in the last few years.
I Do believe BASS is a sound keeper and given games, and a good start will do well next season.
All keepers .... ( err Man City ) make awful howlers, and Baz is right up there with the rest in that department. However, I do not think Bass will let us down, and unless we go down the same road of loans, or get an older replacement, then it must be his chance.

And Hammie, concerning young players, Managers usually demonstrate polar opposite policy in that regard.
We had Jim SMITH (RIP) always willing to bring in promising youngsters - sometimes to great success, whilst Mr C - even though now there is ample opportunity to try a couple out, will seemingly continue to ignore that option.
(20-04-2022, 08:48 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]I Do believe BASS is a sound keeper and given games, and a good start will do well next season.
All keepers ....  ( err Man City ) make awful howlers, and Baz is right up there with the rest in that department. However, I do not think Bass will let us down, and unless we go down the same road of loans, or get an older replacement, then it must be his chance.

And Hammie, concerning young players,  Managers usually demonstrate polar opposite policy in that regard.
We had Jim SMITH (RIP) always willing to bring in promising youngsters - sometimes to great success, whilst Mr C - even though now there is ample opportunity to try a couple out, will seemingly continue to ignore that option.

Bass will be sold.
Pompey - If we do that ( ie demonstrate no opportunity for- or FAITH in younger players) then you wonder what our future holds.

Wither the youth set-up - What for ??