TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Michael Jacobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just seen this article from The "Snooze" Online:

A no-brainer or costly gamble - the Michael Jacobs contract conundrum facing Portsmouth | The News

Comments please.
If he's not good enough for the Championship he should stay with us.
No chance he is gonna hang around on a pay as you go deal. Ludicrous to get rid of your only creative player.

No doubt Deep will say the player has chosen to leave.
The point is he is good enough for the championship but has a 1 year extension option on his year contract.

But has missed approx 30% of games injured/sick so D.C.s Not sure whether to offer him another year on top wages.

D.C. also admitted he messed up by Not playing him more.

He refused to play him & Harness in the same team at first because; " they play the same position".

We all now know that he can & look at the improved results.

Also,he very nearly let him go in the January transfer window but didn't receive a decent offer for him.
(20-04-2022, 05:11 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]No chance he is gonna hang around on a pay as you go deal. Ludicrous to get rid of your only creative player.

No doubt Deep will say the player has chosen to leave.

He should be offered a 1 year extension on full wages whatever that is.

Pay as you go suggestion is ludicrous!
(20-04-2022, 04:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Just seen this article from The "Snooze" Online:

A no-brainer or costly gamble - the Michael Jacobs contract conundrum facing Portsmouth | The News

Comments please.

To be fair to Michael, his availability has been pretty good this year and we underused him, which you can argue was our fault’.

Of course it your fault you fcking moron!!! Who else would you blame? The referees?
(20-04-2022, 05:37 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-04-2022, 04:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Just seen this article from The "Snooze" Online:

Comments please.

To be fair to Michael, his availability has been pretty good this year and we underused him, which you can argue was our fault’.

Of course it your fault you fcking moron!!! Who else would you blame? The referees?

Yes, it has & I was only looking at the snooze stats which included being out with Covid.

He's by far our most creative player & free kick taker.

I assume the last comment is aimed at our esteemed manager?
(20-04-2022, 06:51 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Comments please.

Yes, it has & I was only looking at the snooze stats which included being out with Covid.

He's by far our most creative player & free kick taker.

I assume the last comment is aimed at our esteemed manager?

The quote was from DC, wasn’t aimed at you. Danny looking for someone else to blame.

Comments please.

Of course the referees are not to blame......it's the goddam fixture list!!!
It was very noticeable on Monday when Williams was subbed the Cowley’s were all over him with the back slaps and hugs but when Jacobs was subbed they both totally ignored him as he walked to the bench.
(20-04-2022, 08:56 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]It was very noticeable on Monday when Williams was subbed the Cowley’s were all over him with the back slaps and hugs but when Jacobs was subbed they both totally ignored him as he walked to the bench.

They never wanted him here, they never wanted to play him, they said a load of guff when Ipswich pulled out and then left him out, it was pressure from the fans and him proving them wrong that got him in the team.
That’s bad man-management
(20-04-2022, 09:43 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]That’s bad man-management

that sums up the season for me
KJ was also responsible for some bad man-managment. A good manager should always play the best available team.

Comments please.

Another reason for the dickheads to go...
Just HOW MANY points have been dropped by not playing JACOBS regularly throughout the Season ?
Best player we’ve got
for got read "had"
What's the betting we let him go then see him promoted with someone else
I'd keep him, but it is far from a obvious decision.  

To get promotion next season we need a Jacobs (i.e. a lge 1 Merson) to build the team around giving us the creativity that has been lacking far too often.  But can you build a team around someone with Jacobs injury record without creating a potential major problem ?  Or are you better using the (substantial) money on signing a similar player that keeps fitter for longer ? 

Is there even anyone available that fits that description?  or do you gamble with the one you've got ? 

Not easy being a manager making these sorts of decisions, especially when your job depends on it - which I think it does in this case. Certainly the choice of attacking midfield creator is up there with the choice of striker in determining the outcome of next season's campaign.
For me, stick with what you know especially when you know you have quality. Curtis and Harness will free up enough budget.

He won’t be here next season though.
D.C. messed up BigTime here by not playing him earlier in the season.

The strikers were lacking service & Harness who played instead wasn't able to do that.

Jacobs best position is playing the 10 role tucked in behind the strikers supplying the bullets.

I'll be very sad to see him go probably to a Championship side.
(21-04-2022, 08:05 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]D.C. messed up BigTime here by not playing him earlier in the season.

The strikers were lacking service & Harness who played instead wasn't able to do that.

Jacobs best position is playing the 10 role tucked in behind the strikers supplying the bullets.

I'll be very sad to see him go probably to a Championship side.

Maybe ... but actually I think the most likely reason he might stay could be no-one else being willing to take the risk on his injury record.  That may have been the reason his Ipswich move broke down - that was never really explained.
Did Wigan have those concerns with JW? Signing any player is a risk, look at Vincent.
Ffs get Ben
Why all the fuss about Jacobs? Clearly a skillful player but never exactly set the world alight, expensive, highly injury prone. We should be able to do better. BT is he's still up to his game but not sure about that now.
Pages: 1 2