TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bowyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to the cheery Bowyer, Charlton were done by the referee who bought into our play-acting and even the 4th official was laughing at the free kicks he was giving us. Sounds far-fetched to me. I wonder if the 4th official was laughing at Bowyer's moaning about everything?
He needs to calm down and go and have a MacDonalds.
I quite like Bowyer actually, and how he's seemingly turned things round from his younger days.
Charlton were done by a Pompey side who were better on the night and who wanted it more, witness the way Cannon took the ball off a Charlton player and then thumped it home, if a Pompey player had been done in the way the Charlton player was there would have been an inquest and a half on this Board (especially if it had been Raggettini).

I think Bowyer just couldn’t face up to the fact his team had been done at home yet again, only 4 home wins all season. I bet it was a very different situation this morning when he and the team reviewed the match video, finger pointing, hair dryers, the whole works, no excuses at all.

I’m not a particular fan of Bowyer but the way Charlton played at Fratton Park earlier in the season was exemplary but they just don’t seem to have any level of consistency, still I’m glad to have the game out of the way and to have justifiably collected 3 very welcome points, a great bounce-back from the Hull and Lincoln defeats.
In all honesty Charlton defending was woeful
I wouldn't worry too much about the free kicks as we are back to being hopeless at taking them. I would be far more worried about how his team went from so proficient and professional at Fratton to being completely outplayed last night.
(03-02-2021, 07:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't worry too much about the free kicks as we are back to being hopeless at taking them. I would be far more worried about how his team went from so proficient and professional at Fratton to being completely outplayed last night.

But Naylor's goal last night came from a free kick FFS .... how is that being hopeless ?
Music to my ears when opponent managers whinge about us. Means we've done an absolute job on them.

We've been knocking around L1 long enough to know how to get an edge using the dark arts. That's not to say we're a Wycombe type team. We have players who can pass, break with pace, win a tackle, whip in a cross, and finish.

Great to see the team recover on Tuesday. Excited to see more of Daniel's & Jacob's together on the left.
(04-02-2021, 12:51 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Music to my ears when opponent managers whinge about us. Means we've done an absolute job on them.

We've been knocking around L1 long enough to know how to get an edge using the dark arts. That's not to say we're a Wycombe type team. We have players who can pass, break with pace, win a tackle, whip in a cross, and finish.

Great to see the team recover on Tuesday. Excited to see more of Daniel's & Jacob's together on the left.

Agreed.  If we go up I think we will look back on the signing of Daniels as the turning point.
Charlton were dogshit and it was Bowyer's fault