TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Gillingham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They've sold their initial allocation of 1000 tickets and now their 2nd and final allocation of 150 tickets have gone too. Massive game for the Gills, The Return of Ben bring it on
Still only 26. Imagine a midfield with him and Jacobs in it. Stick Curtis back to his proper position and Harness on the right then a strong target man who knows where the net is. How difficult can it be ffs?!
They don't seem to lose by much, so Pompey's best hope is 1-0, but a draw is more likely.
We havent beaten Gillingham at Fratton Park in the league since 2003. Two defeats and two draws since then.

4/1 for Gillingham to win is very tempting odds.
I'll put a fiver on that. It's the best way to make sure we win.?
9-1 gills to win and both teams to score
1 - 9 there'd be a friggin riot
Ex gaff and his mates charging down the Fratton end trying to get at the Cowleys
Ronan scored a couple of good goals today. Good to see.
(23-04-2022, 04:37 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Ronan scored a couple of good goals today. Good to see.

He did say he's better playing in that position. 
Hopefully whatever squad we start with next season we are able to play a settled formation and team more often than not.
Slightly off topic but how poor were Gills today? Playing for league one survival? They barely showed any interest at all in winning.
(23-04-2022, 07:14 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off topic but how poor were Gills today? Playing for league one survival? They barely showed any interest at all in winning.

They were doing ok 'til half-time, but the second goal rather did for them. There was a lack of sparkle in the second half.
I reckon they completely threw in the towel. Poor show all round.
(23-04-2022, 01:04 PM):)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]1 - 9  there'd be a friggin riot
Ex gaff and his mates charging down the Fratton end trying to get at the Cowleys

I find ‘charging’ a bit difficult these days Isaac  Smile .

I prefer a good ramble, followed by a few ales.