TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The One minute time added on.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My take was the 4th Official got it wrong and the Ref got it right.  There were 2 goals in the 1st half plus a lengthy stoppage involving Morrell and the Gills player. So where the 4th Official got the 1 minute from I don't know.  They always announce "A minimum of x minutes time added on"   Sorry Neil Harris you were bang out of order but perhaps after the Morecambe fiasco we deserved a bit of luck
agreed as stated on the commentary, it always says and announces
"A minimum of x minutes extra time to be played.

and one minute is the usual amount when there have been no stoppages and no subs at all.
Most of the 9 minutes 2nd half time added on came from the child running on the pitch and rolling around. What a sad but strange incident that was. I can recall a Fox holding up play but never a child
Sounds like it was well handled by all concerned, including the crowd.
(24-04-2022, 10:25 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it was well handled by all concerned, including the crowd.

Yes it was, once people realised what had happened they were all very respectful, players, crowd, ref, stewards. everybody.

Very well handled all round I think.
Bit out of order from the so-called parents though. Kid wasn't even wearing a Santa outfit.
(24-04-2022, 10:23 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the 9 minutes 2nd half time added on came from the child running on the pitch and rolling around. What a sad but strange incident that was. I can recall a Fox holding up play but never a child

Not sure about that. Curtis has held up play many times.
The Gillingham performance was so bad, Harris had to throw himself under the bus to get everyone talking about that injustice, rather than his players coming up short.

Our own Danny likes to do this on occasion but last time I checked, you play football until the ref tells you to stop playing football.