TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 17 years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sh la la, la la la la la
Sha la la,la la la la la
17 years since we sent Palace down ?

Doesn't time fly?

I've a Palace mate who still hasn't forgiven us for not trying at WBA, the scummers would still have gone down if we had won that game.
We had the highest crowd that season, away at Man U
Talking of 17 years ( it might be 16 tho)... Everton today made 32 successful passes in 1st half v Liverpool... the lowest Prem total since Watford (30) v Pompey in 2006/7 apparently.
all this passing is all very well unless you are not very good at it. Wimbledon won the FA Cup with only one player in the team who passed and that was their keeper!
(25-04-2022, 11:22 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]all this passing is all very well unless you are not very good at it. Wimbledon won the FA Cup with only one player in the team who passed and that was their keeper!

I think your memory may be a little skewed, Wimbledon back then were a decent team with some good players. This 'myth' that they were just a bunch of crazy nutters (yes some of them were as well as being footballers) who scared the shit out of everybody is not quite correct.
(25-04-2022, 04:55 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2022, 11:22 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]all this passing is all very well unless you are not very good at it. Wimbledon won the FA Cup with only one player in the team who passed and that was their keeper!

I think your memory may be a little skewed, Wimbledon back then were a decent team with some good players. This 'myth' that they were just a bunch of crazy nutters (yes some of them were as well as being footballers) who scared the shit out of everybody is not quite correct.

I do remember playing them at Plough Lane. Whenever Beasant got the ball all we saw from behind the goal was 20 players pelting up the pitch as fast as they could run! 
Apart from Eric Young destroying Knight's face or on another time Blakey making him and Knight look stupid!
Later they did add some decent players such as Wise.

My more immediate point is that too many coaches get their badges then all try and play in the same way, ie sideways passing from the back. Too often the result is tedious football with little end result (ie goalmouth action)